𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟓: 𝐅𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥

| CHAPTER 55 : FUNERAL |

My head sank delicately on my knees. Water rippled in calm soothing waves, spreading warmth to my body. My fingers wrinkled from staying in the water for too long. A deep sigh came out of my lips, echoing against the bathroom walls.

Behind the door, Drew and King Alpha spoke in a rapid conversation with both of them sounding furious and serious.

I tuned them out, not having it in me to eavesdrop. My eyes remained close as my ears listened to the calm beating of my heart.

Right before I almost passed out, Drew, who knew exactly what was happening, rushed me into the bathroom of King Alpha's room and placed me in the bathtub, filling the tub with warm water which almost boiled my skin at first but then slowly gave calmness and soothed the pain.

My clothes stuck to my weak limbs as I sat curled up, afraid to move and trigger the pain again.

I have no idea what happened and was too tired to even find out. Too pathetic to move.

"You've got to be kidding me?" King Alpha yelled at Drew, behind the closed door.

My head nestled itself further on my knees, trying to block out Drew's and King Alpha's voices.

A few silent moments passed before a knock rapped on the door.

"Ezlynn?" it was Drew, "may I come in?"

I gave out the faintest 'yeah' and I knew he heard it. Freaking werewolves could even hear ants' crawl.

The door opened.

"Are you still feeling the pain?"

I opened my eyes and looked at him, not raising my head. Drew stood at the threshold with one of his hands on the door handle. His body huge enough to block the entire way out.

"No."

"Do you want to come out?"

I thought about it and nodded. I've been in the water for too long and the water was starting to get cold.

He stepped into the bathroom, shrinking its size with his huge figure and picked up a bathrobe, holding it towards me. I slowly stood up. Big droplets of water dripped down my body from my shoulders to my legs. Drew had his eyes respectfully averted as he held the bathrobe ready for me.

I slipped in my arms and fastened the bathrobe around me. I followed him out the bathroom and gritted my teeth when the cold air sent shivers throughout my body.

King Alpha stood, perched against a bedpost, one hand gripping his elbow and other hand to his lips while he bit on his thumbnail. His eyes shot to mine as soon as I stepped out of the bathroom and God, did he look grim.