𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟔: 𝐅𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬?

| CHAPTER 36 : FRIENDS? |

The room was unfamiliar. A small yellow-lit bulb being the only source of light that did nothing to light the room. Dark deadly-looking wines entwined together, wrapping themselves on the thin pillars like a snake. A small rattle of a heavy chain caught my attention making me turn around.

A young boy sat on his knees with his head hung down. His arms were held up by heavy metal chains. Dried dark blood scrawled down his wrists to his arms like veins. His body wasn't moving, seeming almost dead. No sign of life or strength showed making me wonder if he was already dead or not.

For a moment, I hesitated whether to open my mouth or go help him.

My thoughts shattered when a heavy clung of bolts banged loudly. The thick metal door flew open and standing on the threshold was a man holding a tray.

His features matched King Alpha's which made me confused for a while thinking if he was King Alpha or not. He wasn't. His similar icy blue eyes pressed firmly on the young boy bound by the chains.

He was Alexandros.

Can he see me?

He stepped forward into the room, movements mechanical and syncing. His body stood upright with a blank look on his face. There was no emotion in his eyes, no light, nothing. He looked...lost.

With the same mechanical movement, he strode towards the boy, bending down with his back still straight as a stick, and he placed the tray filled with minimal food in front of the boy's head.

The boy's finger twitched in the smallest gesture possible. His fingers twitched more before he curled them into fists. Slowly, he lifted his head, straining himself against his own strength.

His eyelids opened to reveal dull glistening ice blue eyes.

King Alpha.

He's the boy.

His eyes slowly rose from the tray on the ground to the man's feet then to his face. A plain tired look etched on King Alpha's face as he barely was able to keep himself awake. He's weak, fragile, and beaten up. Completely different from the current King Alpha. He looked so small and powerless, looking no more than seven.

"Venit tempus tuam. Resurgemus. Tunc cadunt." The man chanted in a language which I surprisingly understood.

'Your time will come. Rise. Then fall.'

The young King Alpha gave a pained expression, his chest heaving as if he couldn't bear the pain.

"Alexandros...please..." King Alpha murmured his voice weak and shaky.

"Venit tempus tuam. Resurgemus. Tunc cadunt." Alexandros who I remember from last time chanted again.

He looked much more affectionate, bright and...alive in my previous vision. His hair which used to be caramel brown lost its colour. His eyes which held light was now replaced with darkness. A deep black hole.