𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟏: 𝐓𝐞𝐦𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡

| CHAPTER 21 : TEMPORARY DEATH |

Ace snapped his fingers, and the room was back to an office. White bulbs along with the high ceiling lights shone brightly.

I held my bleeding palm to myself, not bothering to wipe the streaming tears on my face.

Ace's eyes landed on me and for a moment, I thought they softened.

"Sorry about that, it was necessary."

I bit back a sob threatening to come out and tried my best to speak, "W-why?"

"It's what will keep us bonded."

I finally wiped my tears, frowning at him in confusion, "What?"

"By sharing blood, we both are now bonded, Ezlynn. I bonded with you so you can have my protection."

"The barrier?"

"Yes."

"I don't feel it."

"Lycan's will."

"I hate you," I stated, "For this." I gestured my palm.

There was the small amount of softness again which almost seemed...fatherly type.

"Here," he reached for my bleeding hand, "Let me fix-"

"No." I jerked my hand back.

"I can fix that." He insisted.

"I don't trust you."

"You never did."

"Still."

"Ezlynn," his tone was of warning, "Give me your hand."

I reluctantly placed my hand in his. I flinched when his palm hovered over mine, but not pressing onto my skin. A small sort of white light shuffled between the small proximity between our palms.

I sucked in a deep breath.

When he retracted his hand, my mouth fell open in astonishment at my healed perfectly fine palm. 

"There you go." He smiled.

"I'm not thanking you," I grumbled, rubbing a finger over my healed skin.

Ace opened his mouth to say something but got interrupted by a small buzzing sound. He glanced at the intercom on the wall right behind him on the wall. He looked like he was gonna ignore it and then just sighed and turned around in this swivel chair, pressing a button on it.

"Yes?" 

A female voice spoke through the speaker, "Good evening sir. There is a slight disturbance out the supernatural barricade."  

A small frown came on Ace's forehead, "What is it?"

"It's King Alpha, sir." She continued making a jolt of panic and dread bolt through my body while Ace gave an annoyed look. "He's trying to get past the barricade. Shall I put him on screen?"

"Yes, please." Ace responded.

The flat screen behind me came to life. I twisted in my chair to look. My stomach twisted in dread at the sight of King Alpha's huge physique with a - oh boy - really angry scowl. The cameras showed him scowling at nothing in particular but the air.

"You think you can stop me from going into this damn building?" King Alpha growled at the air, "Well, you can't. I'm King Alpha."

He stepped forward and suddenly his body violently shook as if he were being electrocuted. He buzzed like a small earthquake, mouth and eyes wide open in shock.

Took him some time to abruptly tear himself away from the invisible barrier separating him and the building Ace and I were currently in.

King Alpha ran a hand through his air, taking a big breath before scowling once again.

"You think a little shock-y, shock-y, is gonna keep me from tearing through that damn hellhole? You thought wrong."

He again stepped forward, repeating the same electrocuting thing.

A gulp went down my throat at his eagerness to get in. To get to me.

"What...an idiot." Ace muttered matching Hermione's tone from the first movie of Harry Potter.

I looked at him in almost panic, "He's here."

"I can see that." His tone matched distaste as he continued watching King Alpha's repeated attempts to break through the invisible barrier.

"He's gonna kill me."

"He can't." He smiled. "You have my protection, a barrier now. You can saunter in front of him all you want. He won't be able to touch you before zapping himself to death."

"He's immortal."

"Zapping himself to temporary death." Ace rephrased. 

"How will I know that this barrier really works?"

"I didn't slice both our palms for nothing." He leaned back in his chair. "There's a back door from where you can escape and have a head start before King Alpha finds you."

I stood up from my place and hurried towards the door

"Don't forget the crown." Ace reminded me just as I was about to step out.

◃───────────▹

Date: 25 July 2021