𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔: 𝐕𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐍𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐲

| CHAPTER 6 : VERY NAUGHTY |

"You seriously thought you could escape me?"

King Alpha tightened his hand around my throat, lifting me off the ground, and pinning me to the wall. Strangled noises escaped my lips as I clutched around his hands.  

"Who helped you, blondie?"

"My hair...is...black."

He tsked, "That's not what I asked."

"I got out...myself."

"And walked till here within an hour when it actually takes more than two?"

I tried grinning, "Surprise...surprise."

He tilted his head, "I'm not gonna ask again, so you can just answer me."

"And I'm not gonna...answer, so you can...just leave me."

He gave a slight shake of his head, "Wrong. Now, this is how it's gonna go. I pitied you and decided to give you a quick and painless death, despite the stench of human bodies that makes me wanna gag. But since you've tried to escape, disobeyed, and not answer me, I'm gonna give you one of those deaths that makes your body weak, you'll be sick until the very last end and your heart will slowly, painfully, stop beating. You can answer me in your own meantime until then. I don't care. I can find out who helped you without even asking you. I should have killed you the second I saw you instead of going through all this trouble for no reason. But I like to waste my time. For some reason, this has always been my flaw. I'm gonna fix it in this situation though. Even though I'd like to see you dead right now, I know I'll love watching you die more painfully. Then I'm gonna throw your body to the witches and mock them right in the face. King Alpha 467, witches 502."

"You've scored only...that much?"

He shrugged, "I was going easy on them. I'll catch up." He then frowned. "But seriously, did you get only my score out of my whole 'I'll kill you' speech?"

I bet my face was going purple with his grip still around my neck. Haze filled my eyes and yet it didn't stop me from speaking.

"Kind of shameful...for a big talker...like yourself," I said.

His grip couldn't possibly tighten with me still alive, "I'll win. I know I'll win. I always win. Just like how I'm gonna win this. Say bye-bye to your life, blondie."

"That still doesn't change the fact...that your lonely and...in serious need of an emotional support...animal."

"What am I supposed to keep? A dog?" He grinned, hinting at a joke in his words.

I couldn't speak anymore. My vision darkened from the corners with my lungs burning from lack of air. Tears etched on the brink of my eyes, yet I refused to show the pain in my expressions. Right when I thought I was gonna pass out, his fingers uncurled from my throat.