𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑: 𝐒𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞

| CHAPTER 33 : SCREAMS EVERYWHERE |

After freezing our bodies, Ace had warlocks carry us to the basement where they put us in cells. Right when the cell doors were locked, Katia, Levi and I were able to unfreeze from our positions.

Levi strode towards the door and tried jerking them open.

An electric sort of zap went through his body as he shook like a rattle. He jerked away from the door, sharply inhaling.

"Motherfucker." He cursed under his breath.

"What's gonna happen now?" I asked, wrapping my arms around myself.

He sighed, turning to face me, "We did know that we were gonna get in trouble. So here it is," he waved his hand around, referring to the cell, "the trouble."

"Ace is going to call King Alpha," Katia said, a worried look etched on her face.

Levi visibly gulped, his shoulders slumping.

"This is not going to go well," Katia said.

"How was Ace able to stop us but not his other warlocks?" I asked.

Levi shrugged, "He's old and powerful."

I gave a nod, slowly drifting into my mind.

So Ace is a big and old powerful warlock and he wants me to get him Lucretia's crown?

I mentally scoffed. Weiner.

A few seconds ticked by before Levi spoke up, "So...what do we do?"

"I have no clue," Katia said, sighing.

"How about we try teaching Ez on how to put up and put down her barrier on command?" Levi suggested, raising an eyebrow.

"My barrier?" I furrowed my eyebrows,

"Yeah so that you know which wolf to zap and whom to not," he raised his gloved hands, "these gloves are kind of uncomfortable to wear around all day."

"Erm okay." I said, flexing my hands, "so what do I do?"

"You have to will the barrier to go down," Katia said, "you have to imagine yourself safe and calm."

"Safe and calm, got it." I said and straightened my shoulders, squeezing my eyes shut, "Okay so now I'm super safe in a cell locked with a hybrid and a werewolf and there's no danger anywhere so I don't need this barrier." I said under my breath.

"You have to imagine it and will it from inside, Ez," Katia's voice instructed in a flat tone.

I gave a nod and imagined myself in the place where I most felt the safest. In my small dingy apartment, on my bed, under the blue covers, where I spent all my weekends just lying around. I imagined the comfort and the smell of it, of how it makes me feel safe and comfortable.