𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒𝟒: 𝐆𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐲

| CHAPTER 44 : GUMMY |

Training with the warriors continued as per usual.

"You look better today." Levi had commented when I entered the arena.

I smiled at him, "I slept good."

Today there was a little change to my training session. Instead, of me only fighting Sydney in a hand-to-hand combat, Fred taught me how to use weapons. I thought Levi would jump in and teach me - since he's carrying weapons all the time - but he just stood and directed us.

Fred went through all sorts of weapons teaching me their names and their use. We started easy with using the classic sword. But instead of the blade made of metal, it was made of wood.

The guys said they don't trust me to protect myself if I accidentally stabbed myself with the metal blade.

"And then King Alpha would castrate all our asses," Hans had grumbled.

Fred taught me how to raise the sword, how to block, how to attack, how to fake an attack and all sorts of scenarios that can happen while using a sword.

He would also fall laughing whenever the sword hit my head or flew off my hand. I was such a klutz with this thing.

Even if I couldn't use the sword properly, something about just holding a weapon in my hand gave me a sense of déjà vu. As we got deeper into the sword fighting, I grew firmer and fluent with it. The sword swung easily in my hand, and I was able to keep up with Fred as we got into a full spar.

We fought continuously until fifteen minutes after, I had to pause to catch my breath. My chest heaved as I breathed heavily.

"That was actually pretty brilliant." Levi gave me a shocked, surprised look.

"Yeah girl, never saw someone who learned sword fighting this quick," Drake said.

"King Alpha giving you private lessons?" Chase smirked.

Fred laughed, looking at me while the rest of the guys made teasing sounds.

"Not this again," Levi sighed.

"Nothing like that," I cut the guys off, resisting a blush.

"Aren't you feeling hot? You're sweating like a peeing dog," Warrant commented, munching on salty crackers, lazily lounging on the bleachers.

I looked down at my outfit. I was wearing a zipped-up hoodie along with striped black and white sweatpants. The hoodie was thick, but this was all Griselda had when I asked for something ASAP which would cover my neck. Purple and red bite marks remained on my neck from what King Alpha had did last night. Heat slowly crawled up to the skin of my face as images of last night came to mind.

"I'm fine," I replied to Warrant.

Next, Fred picked up a bow and arrow.

My opponents were Matt, Hans and Warrant. I had to shoot at least one of them with the arrow.