𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐: 𝐌𝐞𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐁𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐌𝐨𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐤

| CHAPTER 22 : METAL FACE AND BLACK MOHAWK |

A lady with a pristine red suit guided me to the backdoor. Red coated lipstick, brown hair tied in a bun. Green eyes coated with mascara.

This got me thinking if witches and werewolves had fixed colour eyes. Green eyes for witches and blue eyes for werewolves. Since I've never seen otherwise.

Levi has black eyes, idiot.

Oh right.

The red suit lady led to an elevator with sixty floors. Imagining the view outside from the top floor made me dizzy. I wrapped my arms around myself when I started feeling queasy.

The elevator ride felt awkward with the lady staring into nothing and not saying anything. I threw her frequent glances to check if she was even breathing or not. She represented a robot.

I cleared my throat, "What's your name?"

"Jo." She replied without even looking at me or blinking.

"Oh," I gave a small nod, "Nice."

She gave a nod back.

When the elevator doors opened, I took in a breath of relief and followed her out. She walked towards a blue door at the end of the hallway which looked like a door for fire exits.

She held the door open for me.

I peered out. The night sky stretched out ahead of me, with people chattering, car horns, and busy activities sounding somewhere a little far away. Here in front of me, was a huge plain parking spot with a few cars. Ahead were trees that cut off the busy environment from the building.

Remembering King Alpha was here somewhere around the building trying to get through an invisible barrier made me shudder.

"Should I walk from here?" I asked the lady.

She nodded.

A gulp went down my throat and I stepped into the open sky, already feeling scared that King Alpha might pounce on me anytime. I looked back at the door to the lady. She gave me another nod and shut the door.

I took in a deep breath and walked.

I should go back to Ava I guess. Since I don't know where else to go.

I didn't want to see her though. So many lies, so many secrets. It just made me want to dig a hole right here and live there, curled up, forever.

Can I do that?

Keep walking, bish.

Right. King Alpha was still behind me.

I continued down an empty street feeling a little scared and too alone. My hands wrapped tight around me as I meandered. Silence filled the area with only my shoes making a sound. Dark houses with their walls too high, lights all shut off, lined on either side of the street.