Chapter 5: The Residents of the Royal Palace

Taehyung woke up around noon. Jimin was nowhere to be found so he took a shower and went downstairs looking at the impressive interior of the mension. It was truly a home of the royalty. The windows were reaching from the floor to the ceiling. Crystal chandeliers were sparkling above his head, and crossing the second floor he found a portrait of Prince Hoseok. Someone who painted him did a great job. He looked powerful, but also warm and caring. Like someone who will take care of his family.

Taehyung loved art, and could appreciate the artist's talent. Whoever painted it did it with a lot of heart.

'Oh, you are up, Tae!' he heard Jin's voice. He embraced Tae's shoulder with his arm. 'Come I will feed You and show you around'.

'Do you know where Jimin is?'

'He was so excited so he went with Hobi and Joon to the company. After Yoongi mentioned him being a good figure to be Hobi's bodyguard we thought that it would be good to show him how it works and if he will want to do it...' he explained seeing the frown on Taehyung's face when he heard his brother ditched him.

'What an asshole...' he mumbled.

'Don't worry, he is with Namjoon. He could be safer only with Yoongi or Jungkook.'

At the mention of the youngest name Taehyung almost pricked his ears like a curious rabbit. He was low key - high key interested in what he is doing, but he didn't want to ask directly. Instead he asked:

'So, what are the rest doing when the prince is not here?'

'Well, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays two of us are going with the prince to Diversity headquarter. Me and Joon actually are working there so it's usually us. But we have training and other responsibilities connected to the Kingdom too, so we can easily reshuffle our schedules with the other two. And then they're mainly there to look after the prince.'

'So what's their main job?'

'They are training the troops...The Kingdom doesn't have a regular army. It doesn't need it, but we are training wolves to be ready to fight if the situation changes. After the training they are ready to work as uniformed services in the whole country and inform us if anything will be off. The best units stay with us if they want. At the royal grounds we have around one hundred soldiers in barracks, the company, around the royal family or living nearby. Yoongi and Kookie are also in charge of intelligence and any crisis situations. So I think you will mainly work with them...'

They entered the kitchen, where Jungwon and Soobin were sitting. Seeing Taehyung Jungwon instantly scooped closer to Soobin on his chair.

'Good You are here boys, I've made lasagne as promised!' Jin informed clapping enthusiastically, expecting the excited screams and probably he would hear them from Soobin if Jungwon wasn't pulling his brother's sleeve.

'Sorry, hyung' Soobin said, looking at Taehyung apologetically. 'He is really shy...'

'Jungwonie, you will eat right? If you don't, Taehyung will think it's not tasty. It will break my heart...' Jin was acting dramatically to get the little boy to eat.

'I can go...' Tae suggested.

'No, you can't. We eat together as much as we can,' Jin said, not taking "no" as an answer. He sighed and took out his phone from his pocket. He waited for a few signals and then said: 'I need your help in the kitchen... Yeah, fine.'

He served the dish on the plates for everyone and said:

'Boys, will you show Taehyung around after dinner? I need to check the papers after my absence.'