Chapter 13: The Pride and Prejudice - part 3

Taehyung and Jungkook stood in front of each other.

The deafening silence covered the field. Everybody held their breaths. But the little space between two most dangerous wolves was filled with calmness. The anger they both felt a minute ago was nowhere to be found. The were both focus, attentive and... confused.

Taehyung felt like his wolf was wagging his tail. Ready to play. Like some fucking dog ready to go to the dog's park. What the hell was that?

Jungkook was observing him, analyzing. Without moving an eye, and when they heard a whistle, Jungkook vanished from his sight. He was just moving like the air around him. Invisible. He appeared right before Taehyung and kicked him in the knees. Taehyung lost balance for a moment, he made a turn and punched Jungkook's stomach. Jungkook swirled his finger and Taehyung felt like his body was swept away in a whirlwind of air. He was spinning, but broke out of it, landing on the ground a few meters away from Jungkook.

He knew exactly what the younger was doing. He was keeping him in the distance and busy, so Taehyung couldn't play his tricks on him. It was partially true. But not exactly. To get control over someone's as strong as Jungkook he needed to touch him. But some things he could do even without it. The moment Jungkook attacked him, Taehyung clapped his hands together.

In Jungkook's mind he was going to aim his open hand at Taehyung's chest. But instead of Taehyung he saw Jin.

This one second of hesitation was enough. Taehyung grabbed his wrist and twisted his arm on his back. Pressing his chest to Jungkook's body he put his palm on the younger's forehead.

'Now...' Taehyung whispered to Jungkook's ear. 'Sit down.' He released him.

Jungkook hesitantly turned around and looked at him.

'Sit. Down.' Taehyung dominative voice filled the air.

Jungkook gulped and slowly kneeled and sat on his heels.

Taehyung took a few steps forward and stood in front of the boy.

'Make the air barrier around us' he ordered.

'Taehyung!' Yoongi yelled.

Jungkook looked at Taehyung with angry eyes, but his hand made a circle sign and the two of them were surrounded by the wind barrier. They were still visible but they couldn't be heard. Taehyung sent a string of his power to Jungkook's brain and the younger opened his mouth to breathe but he couldn't.

'Do you even know how it is when You can't control your own body?' Taehyung asked.

Jungkook looked at him.

'Do... you?' he choked out, and suddenly Taehyung felt his lungs tightening. Jungkook cut him down kicking his ankles, and Taehyung fell to the ground. He felt the air back in his lungs for a moment and then it started to escape again from his body.

Jungkook jumped and sat on him, grabbing his shirt and shaking him.

'Stop!' Taehyung's voice still had an effect on him, because he let go of his clothes, for a moment.

'F-fuck!' Jungkook breathed out and fighting with his own body he raised his fist that in the next minute hitted Taehyung's chest. But without much strength like his muscles was against him.

Taehyung could breathe again, so he greedily swallowed the air. Then the amount of air filling his lungs began to decrease again.

He understood two things. First - Jungkook was able to snap out of his mind control to some point. Second - he controlled perfectly the amount of air that Taehyung needed. To make him weak, but not to hurt him.