Chapter 15: The Campfire Drama

Taehyung couldn't fall asleep. He didn't even try. He was analyzing every word Jimin told him. Lisa's behavior. And every situation with Jungkook... 

Jungkook was right - he was a judgmental bitch.

Remorse was eating him alive. He even punched him. It was a different thing to be punched during training and being punched because of rage.

Taehyung was just glad he hasn't done anything more stupid than that...

Then he remembered that he used the worst part of his power to control Jungkook and every other alpha saw that.

His guts twisted.

He was waiting for the dawn. The problem was that it was the last Saturday of March. And they didn't have practice because the two years training course for recruits was over. So he will need to find Jungkook in the Palace and he was sure it won't be an easy task.

He wasn't wrong.

He didn't see him during breakfast. Or after. He wasn't with Yoongi who was analyzing recruits to decide which of them will become regulars. He wasn't with Jin and Jimin who were preparing the farewell campfire. And Namjoon hadn't seen him.

He hesitantly decided finally to use the mindlink.

Taehyung: Jungkook?

He was answered by silence.

Taehyung: Jungkook... please... I need to talk to you...

Nothing.

He knew that the younger one probably blocked his mindlink. For Taehyung's power it wasn't a problem but he wouldn't cross this line. He had done enough already...

The only thing he could do was wait for the evening and hope Jungkook would appear there. And he could use the opportunity to get to know why Park Bogum hated Jungkook so much.

It was a warm night. The first warm night of the spring. Walking through the garden he saw the flames of the bonfire. All recruits were sitting around it drinking from red cups or eating on paper plates. The cheerful chatting and laughing was heard when Taehyung walked to them.

'Taehyung!' Bogum waved to him, smiling widely. He was in a really good mood, indicating the bear he was holding wasn't his first one. 'Finally some almighty wolf decided to please us with his presence! And my favourite one is it!'

Taehyung stopped himself from rolling his eyes. Bogum's words were making him more guilty. And he was fed up with his kissass attitude.

'Yoongi and Jimin are on their way,' Taehyung said, looking around. The person he was looking for wasn't there.

'You know,' Bogum started. 'Yoongi-hyung is my hero... It's my fifth time doing this course. From the very beginning I've admired him.'

Fifth time? After ten years he still didn't become regular? What was going on? - Taehyung thought.

'He always comes, even if just for a short moment, when we have our gatherings...' Bogum continued. 'Sometimes he sits with us and talks... And he is the best fighter I've ever seen. Want a beer?'

'Sure', Taehyung took the bottle.

Bogum was sitting with Dong-yeon and the other alphas. A little further away, Kai, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were chatting between themselves. On the other side of the campfire he saw other trainings and Jenny and Lisa.

Taehyung stood in front of an especially talkative Bogum and sipped his beer.

'I honestly like you, Tae' said Bogum.