Chapter 24: The Bonds Between Them

The boat with Jin on the board sailed to Jungkook and Taehyung slowly. Jin stood in the opened doors at its back.

'Give me your hand, Kook,' he said, stretching his hand. 'I will pull you out...'

Taehyung looked Jin in the eyes when Jungkook desperately shook his head.

'Come on, Kook! Let Taehyung go just for a second...' Jin tried to convince him.

For some reason it irritated Taehyung. If Jungkook felt safe hugging him, he was fine with it.

'W-what if he will drown when I let go of him?' Jungkook asked shakily.

'He will drown for sure if he will need to hold both of you like that for longer!' Jin answered, annoyed. He could understand Jungkook's fear, and it was paining his heart, because he knew the reason behind it. But still the aid was next to him and he was behaving childishly.

'Hyung!' Tae said angrily. Couldn't Jin see how terrified Jungkook was?

Jungkook felt guilty immediately. He was the reason Taehyung was freezing in the cold water for longer than he should. He bit his lips and, conquering the fear, tried to loosen his grip around Taehyung's neck.

'Am sorry...' he whispered.

'It's ok' Taehyung answered quietly. His fingers gently grabbed Jungkook's waist. 'Don't worry I will be right behind you...'

Jungkook stretched his hand and grabbed Jin's. Taehyung pushed him out of the water helping him to get on the board. 

Jungkook was standing, shivering, not moving, looking at the water anxiously until Taehyung was safely on board too, then his legs gave up. He sat on the floor and his back rested on the side.

'JayB do you have some blankets?' Jin yelled.

'Yup! I will get them!' the captain answered.

'H-how are the others?'

'Yoongi, Jimin and Namjoon finished the party... Are you fine Taehyung?'

Taehyung nodded without a word. His eyes were glued to the figure on the floor, who was still shivering.

JayB threw them the blankets and Jin immediately covered Jungkook.

'Am not that cold...' he said.

'You are shivering...' Jin raised his eyebrow in the classic mom move like he was saying "Don't give me this bullshit'.

Taehyung looked at the second blanket in his hands and covered Jungkook too.

'N-no!' Jungkook protested, but then Taehyung sat next to him and hid under the blanket too. Jungkook instinctively got a little closer to him, calming himself down thanks to Taehyung's presence.

Taehyung knew exactly what he was doing. Because his wolf was bathing in calmness too.

Jin contacted his mate.

Jin: I got them. We are going to the shore.

Namjoon: How are they?

Jin looked at two maknaes, whose heads were resting on each other and smiled.

Jin: They are fine. And Jimin?

Standing in the middle of the garden Namjoon looked at Jimin who, in front of his eyes, was pulled into Yoongi's embrace. Yoongi connected their foreheads. Namjoon couldn't help but smile.

Namjoon: Well, Yoongi is all over him now, so I think he is just fine... When can I be all over you?

Hearing Namjoon's sulking voice Jin laughed.