Chapter 26: The Safe Place

For the next few weeks everybody had their silent work. But it didn't change the fact that peace returned on Palace grounds. The only chaos around was the one caused by the wedding preparation. The big day was planned for the first week of June, so Rose and her girls were deep in their bossy-panicked mood.

Yoongi and Jungkook changed their training routine. Everybody (including Jin, Namjoon and Hoseok) was training from 8 till 10 each day. With all types of weapons. Yoongi even convinced Musashi and Daiki (two vampires from Akito-san personal guards) to train with them sometimes, basically teaching them how to kill them...

After their joined training Jungkook, Taehyung, Jimin and Team B were staying for another hour to train if there was nothing important to attend. After that Taehyung and Jungkook were giving their time to train with Soobin, Yeonjun and Jungwon.

Namjoon and Jin was observing Taehyung and Jungkook intensely. They almost got inseparable. And Jin was glad, because it seemed Jungkook was more cheerful and open these days. Like he found a way to love himself more. It was a slow change, but to their eyes, perfectly visible. He trusted himself more. Like suddenly he knew that if he jumped there was a safety net under his feet.

It was really amusing to watch them. Jin didn't think they themselves realised what was happening. It's like they were tuned to each other. If one of them was laughing at something he instantly checked if the other was too. If Jungkook was sitting on the couch, you could be sure Taehyung would squeeze himself to sit next to him. If Taehyung was doing literally anything you could bet Jungkook was looking at him. Even in the empty room where there was enough space Taehyung would stand next to Jungkook, practically glueing himself to him. And even if Jungkook wasn't the one to make the first move, he was enjoying Taehyung's behavior. And Taehyung was fine with it. Because Jungkook's shyness was slowly vanishing away around him.

The only thing Taehyung was worried about was the memory of Jungkook panicking in the water to the point he was giving up. It was worried him sick. He couldn't sleep because of it. What if Jungkook will fell to the water and nobody will be around?

So he used the opportunity that May was extremely warm and planned to take care of this matter.

Jimin walked to his room when he was packing a small bag. He threw himself on the bed.

'What are you doing?'

'I'm going for a trip. Did you know that Jin and Yoongi have private lake?! How awesome is that?'

'They like fishing...' Jimin shrugged. 'Yoongi said he will take me there in the summer...'

'How sweet of him. Can't imagine him like that...'

'He not being sweet for you, doesn't mean he is not sweet' Jimin stuck his tongue out.

'So? How is your married life in general?' Taehyung raised his eyebrow.

Jimin smirked and straightforwardly answered:

'Hard.'

In the first second Tae froze. But then he understood what his brother had in mind and started to giggle, shaking his head.

'You are shameless...'

Jimin laughed but then stretched on Tae's bed and sighed blissfully.

'Tae... it's amazing. The connection. The feeling of soul intertwining into one. The invisible string wrapped around your heart telling you whatever the other is feeling. I know when he is sad, happy, stressed. It's indescribable. Trust me, You will love it...'

Taehyung felt the pang in his heart. He was playing with the zipper of the bag, trying to stop his thoughts. A longing in his soul grew in this one moment to the point it was paining him. He was even a bit jealous of his brother.