Chapter 45: The Seesaw

Rose and Jisoo joined Hoseok, Jin, Namjoon and Yoongi on the rooftop. They instantly ran to boys who were cuddling on the rooftop to Jungwon. Yeonjun was sitting next to Soobin, embracing him with his arm.

'Are you ok?' Rose cupped Yeonjun's face, seeking for any wounds and injuries while Jisoo eagerly was checking Soobin, who was holding sleeping Jungwon on his lap.

'Yes, Rosie... we are fine...' Yeonjun said with still trembling lips. His voice was tired and weak. Soobin hadn't even said a word, he just nodded slowly.

'Jungwon?' Jisoo asked, stroking the little prince's hair.

'He had a panic attack. Yugyeom put him to sleep...' Yeonjun explained. 'How are Lisa and Jennie?'

'We took them to their bedroom with the help of Palace staff. They are still sleeping...' Rose said, standing up. She left Jisoo with the youngsters and walked to stand next to Hoseok.

He embraced her waist with his arm, still looking at the battlefield. Then he felt his fingers getting wet and looked at the blood stain on her clothes.

'You are injured!' he said in panic, facing her. He desperately started to pull her clothes above to check her state. When he saw the cut on her side his eyes darkened. 'I should have torture her mercilessly before killing!!' He said coldly, trying to wipe the blood with the fabric.

Others looked at them worried, seeing Hobi completely out of his normal calm self. Namjoon approached them wanting to help, but before he could say anything, Rose catched Hoseok's wrist in a strong grip.

'Hobi... It's barely a paper cut... Jisoo called the doctor already. I'm fine...' she said calmingly.

She could see how close to the breaking point her husband was. And she knew one more thing and he will order to kill everybody that survived. And this order would haunt him till his death bed. So she gave him something to sparkle the Hope he usually radiated from inside. She pressed his palm to her tummy.

'WE... are fine...'

Time stopped.

Hoseok blinked and his lips trembled.

'W-what?' he asked, gulping.

She tiptoed, trying to hold her smile, and kissed the tip of his nose.

'Ask me later... My King...'

Shocked just as Hobi, Namjoon put his hand on Hoseok's shoulder, while Rose turned and noticed Soobin looking with the dark eyes at the last person on the rooftop. Sung-jae wasn't moving... but his presence was certainly painful for Soobin. Her eyes get cold.

'Jisoo... we are taking boys away from this fucker...' She walked to her sister, who helped Yeonjun to stand up.

Yeonjun crouched down next to Soobin.

'I will piggyback Jungwon...' he said quietly. He knew Soobin won't let anybody else touch his brother right now. Soobin nodded hesitantly and they installed Jungwon on Yeonjun's back.

Jisoo and Soobin helped him to get off the rooftop, and Rose looked at the wolves who were still speechless.

'I will inform your parents...' she said to her husband. 'And the old Royal Pack. They will help us calm the situation outside. And do something about this all-time-night already...' she pointed at the dome of darkness above their heads. 'It's making me sick... I need a lot of vitamin D now...'

She turned around to walk away, calmly, with the dignity of a Queen.

Because she truly was one. She didn't need to be in the front row of fights. But she was a strong foundation that allowed the Royal Family to take the risk. She was quietly standing behind Hoseok, supporting him in the best way she could. Without complaining. Without whining. She was the shadow that was taking care of the small things that had to be taken care of, when they were dealing with the huge things and... she was cleaning the mess they often made...