Chapter 38: The Love Shot

The July was passing by with hectic trainings, changing of security system, preparing the Celebration of Lunasa, Jungkook and Taehyung being the crackhead couple and hyungs who were torn between cooing at them all the time and rolling their eyes each five minutes because the two Grand Alphas didn't know the conception of space.

Sometimes Yoongi could even catch Jimin rolling his eyes! Especially when Jimin being the clingy koala, was embracing Jungkook, and Taehyung came to the kitchen to see that. Jimin needed to back away fast and even the playful, teasing grin he sent to Taehyung didn't help to wipe the frown from his brother's face.

When it comes to jealousy the two Grand Alpha's together were superior.

But most of the time they were just cute together. Once Jin caught them when Jungkook was piggybacking Taehyung through the whole Palace because "he promised". Taehyung was just resting his chin on Jungkook's shoulder content as fuck, patting Jungkook's chest from time to time.

The other time Namjoon found them in Jin's kitchen in the middle of the night cooking together. Well... more like making a mess... Taehyung was backhugging Jungkook all the time, sleepily watching his moves, while Jungkook was just cutting something, speaking to him in a low, calming voice.

It was amusing how Jungkook seemed to be the more reliable one in daily things almost as if he was the older and mature one. But it wasn't the case entirely. Yes, Taehyung was the clingy, pouty and sweet around him most of the time, but all it took was a spark of insecurity, sensitivity or sadness in Jungkook's eyes and he was there, like a freaking cerberus, ready to tear out everything that caused it. He was protecting Jungkook's soul, heart and mind from anything that could harm them. 

And when they were disappearing from the fond and caring eyes of their hyungs, Jungkook was hiding in Taehyung's warmth, ready to be fragile, soft and clingy. He didn't know why only Taehyung could make him feel this way. Like he could throw away every layer of his protective shields and daily masks, just to lay down on Taehyung's stable body, and whine whenever the other wanted to move.

He loved the way Taehyung's hand was stroking his back and hair. He loved his deep voice calling him 'baby'.

Yeah he was a baby. Taehyung's baby. 

Lunasa was a sacred holiday of the wolves. The most important one during the year. It was called 'the festival of love'. It was the celebration of Moon Goddess as a mother of every wolf and the creator of Sacred Mate Bond.

It was always celebrated on the night of the last day of July. Wolves all over the world were preparing the bonfires, fireworks, concerts, and a lot of food.

It was Hoseok's favourite event. It was a combination of valentines, christmas and 4th of July in one night. Wolves were celebrating the whole night under the starry skies. In gardens, in parks, on the beach. Everywhere they were.

Of course there were some rituals like 'repetition of oates between mates' if they liked. And some prayers from non-mated wolves so they will find their mates soon.

Hoseok remembered this holiday especially from his childhood days when he could just be excited little shit and ran with Yoongi trailing behind him through the Palace park where his father's soldiers and the old Royal Pack was celebrating.

Later on he needed to attend the official banquet made by Seoul's wolves' elite.

So this year he decided that he will attend the banquet, but the main celebration for him was a cosy family even on the Palace Grounds. Adrien needed to accept that the King would attend his party only if it was organised the day after on 1st of August in the evening. And because he already was on King's Black List, he didn't have much of a choice.