Chapter 17: The Blessing in Disguise

It was around 10 pm. when they arrived back at the Palace. Jungkook parked in the garage and they went to the dark kitchen.

They turn on the light just to see the knife stuck into the wooden door frame.

'What the fuck?!' said alarmed Taehyung, but Jungkook just laughed, and pointed at the paper held by the knife.

The message on the paper was left by Jin-hyung.

I will kick your bratty asses!

'It seems mom was worried,' Jungkook said amused and took out the knife. He walked to the fridge. 'But he left the dinner for us.'

He took plate after plate from the fridge and handed them to Taehyung.

They were eating when Namjoon appeared in the kitchen.

'You are back? No injuries?' he asked, taking out the water bottle from the fridge.

'Everything is fine' JK assured him. ' You didn't need to wait...'

Namjoon ruffled his hair.

'Yes I had to. Go to sleep boys' he said and walked out from the kitchen.

Taehyung was munching on the delicious dish Jin made and said:

'They are really like your parents...'

'They are nothing like my parents' Jungkook denied bitterly. 'But they are the kind of people every kid is dreaming to have as parents. And you don't need to do that...'

'Do what?' Taehyung asked, confused.

'Be nice to me. Everything is clear between us. No bad blood.'

Taehyung looked at him, and sipped the water from the glass.

'Jungkook I am a naturally nice person. You just don't know it yet. And I will stick annoyingly close to you, to prove it...' Taehyung smiled.

'I took you with me today due to temporary insanity... But I hate forced kindness... and pity.'

'Listen to me... You said that you are who you are. And I am who I am too. I'm kind if I think someone deserves my kindness. And You do. I just haven't seen that earlier. I don't pity you either. You were raised by the four people I admire. They taught you everything about devotion, care and strength. There is nothing to pity...'

Jungkook looked down, under Taehyung piercing gaze.

'It's pretty hard to believe in your sudden change of heart...'

'Listen to your wolf. I've finally listened to mine. For all this time it was telling me that my cold attitude is wrong. But my mind didn't listen to it. I saw the things I wanted to see.'

'You haven't done horribly wrong things...' Jungkook said shyly a while later.

'I did. Don't try to justify me, Jungkook. I was wrong. Nothing more nothing less. I didn't understand Yoongi's training methods. I wasn't thinking straight when I saw Jimin's bruises. And I was a dick to you...' Taehyung chuckled bitterly. 'It's pretty hilarious how me, a mind controller, was tricked by his own mind...'

Jungkook was playing with his food for a while.

'You are a good fighter...' he mumbled timidly.

'I'm sorry for that too...' Taehyung said, but Jungkook shook his head.

'It was a duel. And a good lesson for me...'

'Ok. So not sorry. But thank you instead.'

'For what?'