Chapter 27: The Scream at Night

Namjoon walked into Hoseok's bedroom, checking if his King was ready.

Two weeks before the royal wedding, according to protocol, an official dinner with the Royal Council had to be held. Because most of them weren't guests at the wedding, it was a courtesy dinner for them to acknowledge the future Queen. 

'I hate it!' Hoseok gritted his teeth and tried to fix his tie.

Namjoon smacked his hand away and helped him to tie the elegant knot. Then he fixed his collar.

'There...'

'Thank you, but I was talking about this shit show not about the tie...'

'You are a king. This shit show is part of the job...'

Hoseok rolled his eyes.

'I agree with Yoongs... Ruling would be so much easier without this official bullshit.'

'Think about it like that: we can use it to observe them.'

'Do we have any new information?'

'About Sung-jae? No. About Vernon? No. About the other members of the Royal Council? A bit. But it's not what we are looking for. We know that Felix is against your marriage. And a lot of vampires share his opinion. But not Akito so it's to our advantage. We know Adrien doesn't have a spine and is easily influenced by other officials to get their support. We know that Allana is clean like water and will stand beside you even against all other witches and magicians. And because Chen is afraid of her we don't need to worry about him too.'

'So I don't need to worry about two out of 13 members of the Royal Council. Nice.' Hoseok said ironically.

'12. You know that after Sung-jae ran away there were just 12 members till another person from the Royal family will take his place.'

'Soobin is too young...'

'What about Rose? After the wedding she could do it...'

'I don't think the council will agree to it. You know that the 13th member is supposed to be a counterweight to the King. And the Queen can't be viewed as that...'

'If they think your future wife won't be the perfect counterweight to you if you will be wrong, then they are dumber than the mould.'

'Yeah well we would need to have 7 out of 12 votes. And vampires won't agree to it...'

'You still have 9 other members...' Namjoon smiled. 'And I hope I don't need to remind you that they will eat tonight with 6 scary wolves right? Table can turn really fast on our behalf.'

'I know. But I don't want to make enemies tonight. If we can control them it's enough for now. So tame your children Head Alpha...'

'Sorry, but it's Jin's job. I am a cool, caring dad...'

'That's true...' Hoseok laughed and patted Namjoon's shoulder. Then he sighed. 'I don't know what I would do without you, Joonie. You're both of my arms and the better half of my brain.'

'Hobi... when I was struggling to be a good leader of the pack as well as the mate for Jin, a friend for Yoongi and a father figure for Kook, you were the one that was constantly reminding me that I will be fine just being myself. I've never said thank you for that. I just want you to know that I am glad destiny has tied us together. And you are and will be my King. My friend. My brother. So use my brain and my arms for as long as you want.'

'Ok. I am calm now... Time to introduce my bride to the world.'

'If you want advice on how to survive this evening I will give you one...'