Chapter 32: The Rollercoaster of Aftermaths

'C-Can I sleep here tonight?'

Taehyung's heart did a flip, hearing the soft, quite voice.

'I was on my way to you, Koo' he said gently.

Jungkook looked so fragile, so small. For a moment he had his heart on his hand. Ready to show it to Taehyung. It was so not like him. And it made Taehyung's protective instincts kick in. He wanted to tear apart everything that could ever threaten the boy.

Jungkook, like in a daze, stepped forward. His arms slowly climbed on Taehyung's arms when he embraced his neck. Their cheeks touched, when Jungkook pressed himself tightly to Taehyung's warm, steady body.

'You are calming me down...' he whispered.

Taehyung's right arm circled around Jungkook's tiny waist. He pulled him inside, closing the doors with his foot.

He felt Jungkook's shaky breath on his neck. Taehyung stroked his back gently with the other hand and let it travel to Jungkook's soft hair. He kissed his temple softly.

They were standing like that for a while.

Jungkook turned his head slightly, his lips brushed Taehyung's ear.

'You called me 'baby'' he said almost inaudibly.

'I did.'

'Why?'

'What do you want me to say?'

'I don't know...'

But Taehyung could grasp his feelings sometimes even better than he himself.

'That I care?'

'Maybe...'

Taehyung hugged him harder.

'I do. I care so much, baby, it's scary.'

Jungkook's grip around Taehyung's neck tightened.

'It made me happy... I shouldn't feel like that. It's wrong.'

'If it makes us happy, it's not wrong.'

Taehyung also turned his head and their lips brushed softly.

'Two alphas can't be together...' Jungkook said sadly, but didn't back his head. His lips were touching Taehyung's when he was speaking.

'No. They can't be mates. And there wasn't a Grand Alpha that ever was mated. I just know that my feelings are not casual, not simple. And for sure they are blooming inside me because of you.'

Jungkook was looking at Taehyung's profile tenderly. He felt the featherly touch on his lips. And he was longing for it.

'Will you finally kiss me?' he whispered, closing his eyes and joining their foreheads. Their noses brushed.

'I thought you don't want to get too close...'

That was when I foolishly thought I can prevent myself from falling in love with you...- Jungkook thought.

'It's so... fucked up...,' he said quietly. 'But even if it is... I want even a little bit of you... Even just tonight.'

Taehyung didn't oppose this statement, even if he wanted to. Jungkook was so out of balance today. He didn't want to give him more things to think about. But he was sure, he wanted to nurture the feelings he had for the Younger. He couldn't grasp yet what was there behind the physical attraction, tenderness, care and protectiveness, but something was there. Something his wolf was fiercely longing for.

He knew Jungkook wanted warmth right now and he was more than willing to give it to him. But on the other hand he didn't want to use his fragile state of mind...