Chapter 10: The Prince Birthday

The next three days went by with training and preparation for the Prince Birthday Celebration. Jimin was getting attached to his new cute younger friend - Jungkook. The boy was endlessly patient with him and other betas and omegas. And during joined training he admired how well Jungkook could control himself and put on a spectacle, like he is out of control, when all his moves were carefully thought out.

On the other hand Taehyung was observing the younger like a hawk, only confirming that the boy was a cold hearted alpha, to everyone outside the Royal Palace. He started to worry about Jimin being by himself with Jungkook during training. He even asked his brother if everything was ok, but Jimin just gave him a thumbs up, because he was too busy staring at Yoongi doing push ups in the gym.

Talking about Yoongi, Taehyung liked him very much. He was strict and wasn't beating around the bush in any case. He got used to their morning routine and small talk when he was drinking his juice and Yoongi his coffee.

Beside the training at an express pace Jimin and Taehyung had a meeting with the royal tailor and their wardrobes were equipped with all kinds of official outfits and combat uniforms. The first outfits to arrive were their clothes for the upcoming celebration.

Jin and Namjoon together with the Prince were occupied by checking the details about the party and Yoongi treated it like a battle that needed to be planned. So on the last few evenings they were repeating every step of his plan, standing in the Ballroom. Just like they were doing now. Few hours before the party.

Hoseok was leaning against Taehyung's shoulder which Taehyung didn't mind at all. Being around the Prince was like being around the sun. He felt warm and happy.

At the moment Jin was talking about the officials that confirmed their arrival, when the name came in the spot:

'... King, Queen and Sung-jae...'

Everytime Yoongi heard that name he was instantly tensed.

'Have you checked if there's any way we can refuse to let him in?' Yoongi asked Namjoon.

'We can't do it without breaking the court protocol, Yoongs,' sighed Hoseok. 'And before you say that you shit on the protocol, I'm telling you that we can't break it. It will look really bad with all officials from the Royal Council, the Wolves Council, the Vampire Council and Magic Guild...'

'I have them in my ass so deep that the light doesn't go there...'

'And you shouldn't. You know how much trouble they can cause, before the coronation. Do not give Sung-jae the chance to gain allies. You are good at tactics, but I am a politician. Trust me.' said Hoseok firmly, looking at Yoongi. He could just give him an order. But he saw what happened with The Royal Pack that was ordered around by his grandfather. They were bound by fate to the person they disrespect and simply didn't like...

Yoongi clicked his tongue.

'Fine. In that case Jungkook, you will stick to the prince all the time. Don't leave his side unless I will be able to change with you.'

'And what about the boys?' Jungkook asked.

'Jimin and Jackson will be with them. Jin and Joon will be running around close to Hoseok taking care of the official bullshit... Mark and IU will be observing the entrance doors and half of the ballroom. Wendy and Sehun will be observing the back exit and the other part of the room. Taehyung, you will be moving around the whole ballroom. If anything would seems suspicious to you, I want you to use your power and check it. If you don't have time, mindlinked us. I will stick to Sung-jae. Is everything clear?'

When everyone nodded, Hoseok hesitantly said:

'Guys...' When his pack looked at him he continued. 'If anything will happen. I want you all to first think about Jungwon and Soobin. In any case. If you will need to choose. Choose them.'