Spin off: The Prince and His Friend

(11 years after Sung-jae's Riot)

A 25 year old young man was running through Seoul's streets to his apartment. 

His medical practice was located nearby so he preferred to take a walk before and after work, enjoying the bustling city

His medical practice was located nearby so he preferred to take a walk before and after work, enjoying the bustling city. He was a child psychiatrist, but Soobin conducted private therapies not only for human children. He was one of the few specialists in the country who knew the behaviour of wolves, wizards and fairies. He had never met a vampire child, and hoped that the vampires under his brother's rule would never dare to change a child into their pattern...

He also did charity work twice a week at a hospital under Diversity's trusteeship, where all magical creatures that needed help could meet him. 

He chose his own path of career, after talking with his brothers and parents. Hoseok supported him all the way, even if his father wasn't happy about it at the beginning. And when he started high school and Jungwon was doing fine, he realised what he wanted to do. Jungwon had many therapies from early childhood to deal with his anxieties and nightmares. They helped him a lot. And Soobin couldn't lie to himself he loved children. That's why at least several times a week he was visiting the Palace to spend time with his hyungs, their children and his, now all grown up, 19-year old brother.

He opened the door to his silent apartment - so different from the cheerful and loud Palace - thinking about the loud bunch. Min Minho (6) and Kim Jo Han (4) were the happy pups who were making their fathers run after them, torn between cursing and awwing. His amazing niece Princess Allana (10) and her best friend - smartass heartthrob - Kim Seojoon (9), were literal descriptions of cleverness.

And then there was Kim Mirae - a badass, savage Great Alpha Defender of the youngest.  When Taehyung and Jungkook adopted her, Soobin being still in his studies at that time, tried to help her deal with her emotions. It took almost two years for him to make her realise that she doesn't need to feel guilty loving her new family. Loving her fathers and calling them 'dads'. That it won't diminish her feelings for her biological parents. But in the end it was Jungkook and Taehyung who got rid of her nightmares.

Soobin fed the fish in the aquarium and took a fast shower. He didn't have much time left...

He started to prepare snacks and sent the order for pizza, Panda Express and McDonald. He accepted the thought that his fridge will be empty the next day, no matter how much he will order...

He heard the knocking and screamed:

'It's open!!'

'How many times do I need to tell you, you should lock the doors!' an angry voice asked, and Huening Kai walked to the kitchen.