Chapter 16: The Ride

Next day Taehyung came to the kitchen with dark bags under his eyes. He was restless all night. Still sleepy, he walked to the fridge, mumbling 'Morning' to Jin-hyung.

He opened the fridge to grab a chocolate milk when his eyes landed on one shelf filled entirely with banana milk.

'Jin-hyung... why is there always so much banana milk in the fridge?'

'Because of Namjoon...' Jin smiled widely.

'He likes it so much?'

'No. He really hates it...'

Taehyung looked at Jin confused.

'Joonie hates it, but Kookie loves it, so each time he comes back from work he buys some for him...' Jin was cleaning the counter absent minded. 'You know... Jungkook... He never asks for anything. He never complains. He never says he needs something, so whenever we discover anything he likes or wants we are really happy. And start overdoing it a bit.' Jin smiled softly. 'Like Joon with banana milk. Or me with painting accessories... Or Yoongs with anything connected to music. Or Hobi with photography appendages... He is so precious to all of us, and even after so many years he is afraid that he will be abandoned if he says he wants something...'

Taehyung was staring at the banana milk packs. He felt something cold and sickening in his stomach. He closed the fridge and pressed his forehead to it.

'Jin-hyung... I've made a big mistake...' he said regretfully.

'Everybody makes mistakes. It's important what you will do after realising...' Jin stroked his head and moved him aside to have access to the fridge.

'Do you know where Jungkook is? He wasn't in his room all night...'

Jin stopped and looked at him.

'He wasn't? Did something happen yesterday?'

'He might hear pretty hurtful words from Bogum...' Taehyung said cautiously.

Jin's eyes filled up with worry and anger. He shook his head. His face twisted miserably.

'Why is it always him?!' he sighed deeply. 'Don't worry, Tae... He was probably on the run during the night...'

'Where is he now?'

'If he was on the run, the next thing he would do is probably a motorbike trip... I wouldn't expect him till the evening. He will come back when he calms down. He always does this, so none of us will notice he is sad...'

Taehyung stomach twisted.

'So, he is gone?'

'He is in the garage,'' said Yoongi, walking to the kitchen. 'He asked me to do the ceremony with recruits alone, so you can help me... He will be back for the night, so you don't need to worry Jin...'

Taehyung didn't wait. He ran to the garage as fast as he could.

'What's with him?' asked Yoongi, confused.

'I think he wants to talk with Jungkook...'

'Considering our maknae's state of mind it's a risky idea. But well, whatever happens to him today is his own damn fault...' he shrugged and started to prepare coffee.

Taehyung ran to the garage when Jungkook was checking something in his motorcykle's trunk.

'Jungkook!'

The boy raised his head surprised by Tae's out of breath voice.

'What do you need?' he asked indifferently, not looking at him.