Chapter 40: The Trust

Jungkook was sitting on the couch of the limousine with Taehyung's head on his lap. He was stroking his hair gently. Tae did not regain consciousness. They were almost in the Palace.

Jimin was kneeling on the car floor next to them, putting his hands in different places on Taehyung's body and giving them pressure with his fingers to check them. When he pressed his stomach, Taehyung let out a painful groan.

Jungkook jerked his head to look at Jimin. He didn't say a word for the whole journey, not wanting to distract him with words, when he was examining Taehyung's state.

He opened his mouth once, to ask Jimin if they should go to the hospital and Jimin denied immediately.

But Taehyung's white as a paper skin, was starting to be covered in gray marks around his veins and a red rash appeared on his skin. His breathing was shallow and abrupt.

And Jimin still didn't say a word, avoiding Jungkook's gaze.

'Jimin-hyung... what's happening?'

Jimin raised his eyes at him quickly and looked down at Taehyung right after.

'It's not my place to tell you...' he whispered.

'Don't you think it's not the time for secrets?' Jungkook asked with a trembling voice on the verge of tears. 'I can see it's not something normal...'

Jimin hand caressed Taehyung's wrist.

'He should've told you this earlier...' he said with regret.

'He should have, but for some reason he didn't. So please.... Jimin...' Jungkook's voice broke down. 'Can you trust me? Please... I'm so afraid right now...'

Jimin looked at him tearing up.

'So am I...' he sniffed and took a deep breath. 'You know how Taehyung reacts when someone mentions the experiments around him, right? You saw how he reacted when Adrien was talking about it... And it's even worse when you are involved...'

Jungkook nodded slightly, having a bad feeling about this story already.

'It's... because... t-they did that to him... He was an object of experiments.'

'W-what?' Jungkook's hand in Taehyung's hair stopped its movements. He looked at the gray, spider-web-like signs under Taehyung's skin.

'W-we were in an orphanage... He was 12. They took him away some months before our adoption. The Headmaster of the orphanage after the outburst of his power... contacted some people. And they came and... took him...' Jimin wiped the tears from cheek with his sleeve. 'They took him away from me and I couldn't do anything. The Headmaster said they will try to teach him how to control his powers... But there was no contact with him. No matter how many times I begged them to take me to him... They always refused. It was the worst four months of my life...'

'And then?'

'He came back suddenly. Skinny to the bones. His ribs were showing. His cheeks were sunken. He had bruises everywhere and a lot of tying marks. But his eyes were the worst. They were dark. Furious. Hurt. I don't know from where and how long it took him to reach the orphanage. I think he walked on foot, and manipulated some drivers along the way. I know he came back only for me... I saw him by accident - in the middle of the night. He walked through the corridor straight to the Headmaster bedroom... He erased some part of his memory, including the knowledge about him being a Grand Alpha and manipulated his mind so he will change all the datas about him in the database. He forced him to move us to the other orphanage and forget about us after. Then he'd done the same with every member of the orphanage crew. When he finished I was waiting for him in the corridor... Just then his eyes became normal. He said my name and passed out. They moved us a few days later. He made me promise I will never ask him about it... We were adopted a few months later...'