Chapter 11: The Pride and Prejudice - part 1

The first day after the Celebration was chaotic. All the wolves from the Royal Pack were running through the Palace. Jungkook was helping with recordings. Yoongi went to the Secret Service Headquarter to gain all the information he could. Namjoon, Jin and Hoseok was talking with dozens of people to check how much damage Sung-jae's, Vernon's and Jaynas's words had done. They were charming and thanks to the rumors they could find out what the mood was and what was going on in the Kingdom's Elite.

Taehyung and Jimin were dealing with the staff. Taehyung's power came in handy. He could scan the minds of one person after another. He was intimidating enough to make one nervous and suspicious. They automatically were starting to think about dirty secrets, especially because they didn't know why they needed to give Taehyung their hands and stand there for five minutes under his dark gaze to get their passes back. Jimin was observing the others' behavior, and letting Jungkook know if someone was allowed to leave the Manor, so he could unblock their passes.

The recordings showed that the waiter was hired around a month ago. His behavior wasn't suspicious at all. Nobody could suspect him of doing something like this. The only knowledge they gained from watching him was that for the first two weeks he hadn't had the tattoo. It appeared later, which just confirmed Yoongi's words, that Sung-jae's weren't looking for "his" wolves. He was choosing the ones that he could use...

The watchmens were instructed to check all visitors' wrists, before letting them in.

Jimin together with Namjoon checked the report about the poison they found with the waiter. It was an undetectable chemical element - polon, absolutely deadly. Jimin confirmed that he would be able to heal the person from it, if he would react in 10 seconds. That meant that the chances to survive after drinking it even for a strong wolf was almost zero...

It terrified them to the core. They couldn't get paranoid, so Namjoon and Jimin told them that together with Allana - The High Witch of the Magic Guild, they will work out a universal antidote, that everybody from the Royal Palace will be obligated to drink each morning.

After that hectic day was over they got back to their normal day schedule, except that Hoseok, Jin and Namjoon were mostly working online, until the antidote will be ready.

Taehyung for the next seven days worked out his daily routine. He was training with Yoongi and other alphas in the morning. Then he was going to the gym either to the one for recruits or to the private gym in the Palace. He ate dinner with others, and was back at the training field at 1 p.m. with everyone. The two hours of joined training was actually the only time when he was able to see Jungkook. Because in some magical way he wouldn't be able to see him around the palace expect for meetings when Namjoon or Hoseok wanted to met with everyone. The afternoons Taehyung was spending either with Namjoon, Jin or Hoseok together with Jimin learning about Kingdom's stuff, or chilling with all of them in the living room, library or playing billiards in the game room. He might feel slightly responsible for their worried faces after someone casually asked 'Where is Kookie?', but he wasn't actually pleased by this either. He didn't have the chance to observe the Younger and confirmed his opinion.

Jungkook on the other hand could feel even the smallest change in air when Taehyung was around. Like if the Older One's presence could freeze the air around him instantly. So he just made himself busy with training on the shooting range or helping the recruits if they wanted. He missed his casual hanging out with his hyungs. But decided he will just skip his favourite moments of the day for some time, so Jimin and Taehyung could feel themselves more like at home in the Palace. He wasn't hurt by Taehyung's behavior. Taehyung didn't try to sabotage him or anything, at least no till now... But Jungkook for sure was disappointed. It was hard to have in his closest family someone who despised him...