Chapter 8: The Night Talks

Hoseok, his brothers, Jin and Namjoon tried hard to make the whole evening joyfull. But the other four were too distracted by their thoughts to even notice their efforts.

Jin's dad jokes, Soobin and Jungwon's food fight and even Namjoon's breaking the plate and hilariously getting scolded by Jin, didn't help to get them out of their minds.

Yoongi couldn't take his confused eyes off of Jimin, who was blushing madly under his gaze. And even if they were sitting on the opposite sides of the table, Jimin was unconsciously leaning in Yoongi's direction. His sweet omega's scent was spreading around the room, being a little bitter from the anxiety. When Yoongi felt it his dominative side answered immediately, sending the calming alpha hormones to the other. Jimin's body visibly relaxed and his sweet scent got stronger making everybody calm and sleepy.

Other wolves hid their scents, because these two were already too much...

Namjoon was holding Jin's hand under the table, it was the way to keep his own wolf under control, when another alpha was showing his dominance around his mate.

Yoongi wasn't really happy about his own behavior. He didn't want to lose control, but being around Jimin was making him weak and strong at the same time. Acacia scent was driving his wolf crazy. His wolf demanded him to take Jimin out of the others' range and hold him, smell him, scent him. And Jimin... Jimin, who was looking at him as if he was the shining star, wasn't helping him to sit still. Jimin had eyes like an impatient puppy, who was told to wait before someone would pet him, full of longing and sadness.

Yoongi shook his head to stop himself from granting all his wishes at once. He looked at Hoseok and frowned when he saw his best friend's amused grin.

'Not. A. Word.' he hissed.

'Am not saying anything', Hobi swirled the wine in his glass. 'I just think it's precious... Seeing Yoonkitty in his full glory...'

'I will murder you in your sleep, I swear to Moon Goodess!' Yoongi warned and gulped his whisky down.

Jimin looked down on his plate. He couldn't eat. He wasn't able to stop himself, not even mention his own wolf, who wanted to fawn against Yoongi like a cat. How strong was the mates' bond? He didn't even know this guy, but he suddenly became his center of existence? But he was dreaming about his mate for so long... And Min Yoongi with his rare, sweet smiles, rude attitude and soft heart was totally his type, before even the mate thing... Jimin had no doubt in his heart. The human attraction was confirmed by the wolf's soul.

Taehyung was well aware of how giddy Jimin was at this point. He could calm him down normally, but at this moment he was sure it would cause drama, considering Yoongi's behavior. And he couldn't lie... seeing Jimin so whipped was funny as fuck...

On the other hand, what wasn't funny at all was seeing Jungkook so lost and anxious. After eating in silence he just excused himself. 

Jin and Namjoon followed him with worried eyes.

Taehyung was looking at his plate absent minded, when he suddenly decided that he needed fresh air.

'Taehyung...' Namjoon 's voice stopped him. 'Leave him alone for now.'

Everybody looked at Tae, who frowned.

'I understand that You two have a lot of things to talk about, but please... let him process everything that happened...' Namjoon asked gently.

'I... I didn't mean to...' Taehyung gulped and nodded. He himself didn't know what he wanted to do. 'I will just take a walk...'

'We all should go to sleep' suggested Hoseok, knowing that everybody had too much in their minds right now to just commonly hang out. He raised from his seat and bent to give Jimin a brotherly kiss on the head. He received an instant growl from Yoongi and grinned mischievously.