Chapter 47: The Scent

Taehyung stood in front of the kneeling boy that was his whole world. He needed a moment to process everything.

They were coming back from the Company when suddenly Yoongi and Jimin kicked him out of the car an hour ago in the middle of the woods he didn't know...

And Jimin's words were so logical he didn't even oppose them. His brother scolded him and closed the car doors with stern face, saying:

'I'm worried about your wolf TaeTae. You pushed your power to it's limit. You didn't have a chance to restore it. Stop restraining him. Let him recover. You need to let him breathe and feel nature... You haven't done it from the moment you came here...'

So Taehyung changed into his wolf and was wandering around the woods lazyly. Jumping from one forest hill to another. He observed the light dancing on the leaves. 

The butterfly sat on his nose and the wolf sneezed. Taehyung glared at  the butterfly and started to chase after it.

Yeah, his wolf was just like that when he was relaxed. So Taehyung let him do whatever he wanted. He rolled in the flowers and moss on the meadow until he laid down on his belly. He hid his nose in the flowers and sighed.

He missed Koo already. He was away from the Palace all day and he knew how anxious his pretty boyfriend would get because of it.

He looked around. The forest was silent.

They should take a break... He and Koo. Relaxed some more. Maybe he will persuade him to go for a ride on his motorcycle or go for a run with him like that. Without restraint.

He sneezed again and the flower pollen floated in the air, surrounding him with scents. Then his wolf got up on his feet nervously sniffing the air.

And he started to run forward and Taehyung realised... that the scent he felt right now wasn't coming from the flowers.

MATE! MATE! MATE! MATE! MATE! MATE! MATE!

His wolf was chanting constantly.

The human in the wolf's body frowned and the anger started to build inside him.

No way in hell...

His wolf almost killed him when he was a child. But he won with him then. If he will need to break his own soul to save his heart... he will do it.

So he let his wolf run, preparing himself to tame him. To break him.

But the closer he was getting, the more tempting and sweet the scent was getting. It was beautiful. It was fresh like the snow in the mountain's forest, with a hint of sweetness of meadow flowers. The scent of undefiled nature.

Taehyung gritted his teeth. He won't cave!

He will erase the memory of this person. He will implement anything in their mind to send them  away. For Jungkook he was ready to become a true Grand Alpha monster from legends.

Finally after another hill he saw a light brown wolf. It has a color of biscuits with patches of white and dark brown on his head and ears. He was frozen. Standing in place. Whining.

When his wolf jumped on the other one, Taehyung tamed him at the last moment. It took all of his willpower to not let his wolf be connected to the other one.

Instead of scenting him he growled at him. Overpowering him.

He felt his own wolf howling in pain, trying desperately to be freed from Taehyung's control, to protect his mate.

The other wolf pushed him away with his legs and stepped back, growling low, spreading the dominant alpha scent.

Taehyung stepped back hesitantly. The scent... was an alpha scent...