Chapter 19: The Heart to Heart Talk

Jin...

Namjoon woke up the next day with these terrifying thoughts. He looked around just to see that he is in the infirmary in the Palace. The silence around him freaked him out. Not heart rate monitors sounds. Not talk around.

He jumped out from the bed just to see Jungkook sitting next to the bed, holding a pale hand and pressing his forehead to it.

Namjoon's heart stopped.

'Jin...' he whispered with wobbly lips.

Jungkook picked up his head.

'Hyung...' His eyes traveled from Namjoon to Jin's unmoving body. 'He is ok. He is just sleeping.'

Namjoon's legs gave up. His knees hit the floor, when he just slid down the wall.

Jungkook instantly went in panic, falling next to him.

'I'm sorry, hyung! I am so sorry... I couldn't protect him...'

Namjoon couldn't help the tears of relief, he couldn't speak as well. So with his shaky hands and crazy heartbeat, he just grabbed Jungkook's neck and pressed his head to his own shoulder.

'I couldn't do anything...' Jungkook was whispering desperately. 'If Jimin and Taehyung weren't there, we would have lost him. I was so powerless...'

'Thanks to Moon Goddess they are with us Kook...'

Jungkook nodded eagerly.

'You should've seen them... Jimin didn't hesitate even for a second. He is a hero...' Jungkook quietly told him about what have happened.

'He really deserves everything I can give him. If I would lost Jin...' Namjoon's voice cracked. 'W-will he be really ok?'

Jungkook sat on his heels, nodding.

'Yes, hyung. We were changing by his side all night. Two hours ago Jimin decided that his lungs are working normally and his heartbeat is steady. Yoongi-hyung's blood was enough to restore what his body needed. Jimin said that after the healing process and Taehyung using his power, he will be weak for some time. He just needs to sleep and eat something nutritious...'

'Oh? Will you help me cook for him then?'

'Yoongi, Jimin and Taehyung are already at it...' Jungkook smiled lightly and got up. He helped Namjoon to stand up and walked him to the chair, beside Jin's bed. 'Your only job now is to give him your strength.'

'You promised!' they heard a sudden, annoyed, whiny voice.

They looked at the doors to see Taehyung with arms akimbo.

'Look! Namjoon-hyung woke up!' Jungkook said, trying to divert the attention from himself.

Tae looked at Namjoon and smiled.

'Hi, hyung! Good to see you up. I hope you don't mind that we've knocked you out yesterday?'

Jungkook grimaced immensely. He looked like he totally forgot about this little detail.

'No. It was a good decision, Tae. I wanted to kill anybody around Jin at that time. You two did good.' he patted Jungkook's hand on his shoulder.

'That's great.' Taehyung's eyes landed on Jungkook again. 'You promised!' he repeated. 'Fifteen minutes and You will eat!'

'He didn't eat?'

'Nothing! Since yesterday's morning!' Taehyung was so worried that he realised who asked this question only after the total silence fell.