𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 2

Amyra's gaze immediately meets mines

Amyra's gaze immediately meets mines. She is the only one that knows my feelings for Axton. My mind still couldn't grasp the fact that he was getting married. I'm pretty sure Jace and Amyra felt the same way. 

"You're what?" Jace asks him, laughing. He laughs for everything. 

"I'm getting married." He speaks, stern and flat.  To who? 

"To who?" Jace and I ask at the same time. 

"Piper." 

"As in Piper Fallon!?" we all ask, in utter shock. She was a bitch. Total bitch.Rude to everyone, paparazzi, fans, friends, sorry minions. 

"You're getting married to the wicked witch of the west?" Amyra asks. 

"Yup. It was arranged by my dad." his jaw clenches. So does that mean he wasn't willingly marrying her? 

"So do you  want to marry her?" I ask. 

"Of course he wants to. Why would he propose to someone that he doesn't want to marry Sophia?" The deep voice of Denzell McKay flowed through the air. Axton's dad was brutal. He forced Axton to take over his business when he was just nineteen. He drained him emotionally and physically. He wasn't much of a father and it hurts my heart to think about the way Axton was robbed his teenage years. Instead of enjoying his last years of College with friends and going out, living life. He had business deals, papers, folders, and everything business thrown at him. It was a dark time for him. He pushed everyone away, including me. But eventually, we pulled him out of his dark phase, not fully but not as bad as he was.  I break away from my thoughts and realize I need to reply to this ruthless man. 

"Right. Congratulations!" I  stand up walking towards him. I pull him into a hug. Secretly my heart was shattered. I was in love with him. But there wasn't anything I could do. 

"Thank you." he hugs me back. Tears threaten to fall from my eyes. 

"Well, Axton's getting married!" Jace yells, pulling him into one of those bro hugs. 

Amyra's hand grabs my shoulder. 

"Sophia are you okay?" she asks, worry clear as ice in her eyes. 

"I'm fine Myra." I give her a smile. But she knew I wasn't. 

"Always thought you were gonna marry Sophia. Oh well, dreams don't always come through." Jace mumbles. I turn to Axton, as usual, his face was blank. 

"I have to go, you guys enjoy lunch. Congratulations again Axton." I smile at him and he smiles back at me. 

"I'll come with you." Amyra grabs her purse. 

"No, it's alright."  she glares at me and sits down because she knew alone time was what I needed. 

"Bye Soph"  Jace kisses my forehead.