𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟37

"Maybe you should calm down Kimberly

"Maybe you should calm down Kimberly." Eleanor mumbles to mom, pressing pause to my mom's scolding. 

"Oh come on,  I have never had one of my family members going public with information without letting me know," she says taking a sip of my wine. 

"Not everything is about you mom." I mumble, rolling my eyes. 

We were currently sitting at the dinner table, trying to have a meal, but mom has other plans. 

"I'm not making this about me, you are bringing shame to my perfect family."

"Oh for fuck's sake, Sophia isn't pregnant." Axton mumbles and everyone turns to him. 

"What? Axton you don't have to cover up for Sophia." My mom shrugs her shoulders, ignoring what he said. 

"Mom-"

"Enough Sophia, you already ruined our family!" 

"If you didn't tell me about your dad, we would still be a family." she mutters, but I hear it, it's the only thing I hear and it drove me mad. I stood up from my chair. 

"Oh, so you would rather have your husband cheating on you with multiple women? I didn't ruin this family mom, the only thing I did was save you from a marriage that clearly wasn't going well, and I covered for your youngest daughter that's an exact replica of you. You forced acting onto Shyla, you made her do things that you never got to do! You had her pretend everything was okay when she was depressed, you painted this cover for her and that's why she's so scared to tell you she's pregnant!" I yell, everything built up in me.

"Instead of putting me down, you should be thanking me! Eleanor, I'm sorry I ruined dinner." I apologize, walking away from the table, walking out of the house. 

"Hey everyone, I brought coconut cheesecake!" Jace yells and I feel bad for walking right past him. 

Tears stream down my face, I didn't want to ruin dinner, I  didn't want mom to find out about Shyla's pregnancy this way, and I really didn't want to yell at my mom. Once upon a time, all our conversations ended up that way, I don't want to go back to that. I really don't. Flashbacks of yelling at her, her yelling back, everything she said, everything I said, they all crash into my mind and I can't stop it. I drop onto the ground, crying. 

Make it stop. 

Make it stop.