𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 3

I pull the grey fluffy blanket over my body as I watch The Bachelorette

I pull the grey fluffy blanket over my body as I watch The Bachelorette. I took a break from the office today. I never do that but I just didn't feel like going at all. I choose to drown my sorrows in potato chips and chocolate.  I haven't returned calls or messages. Just locked away in my apartment. Away from everyone. Sometimes you just need to be alone and not interact with people at all. 

My phone starts ringing and I internally scream. 

"Who the hell is calling me now?" I mutter grabbing it. 

Axton's name flashes across the screen. 

"Hey," I answer the call. 

"Hey, Soph. You kind of been MIA today, everything okay?" I sigh

"Yeah, I'm fine. Did you need something?" 

"Actually this evening there's a  party at our place to announce my, um, engagement." He speaks and I  frown. 

"Um, Axton are you actually happy about this?" I ask, honestly scared of what his answer might be. I want him happy but I want him to myself. Shut up you jealous bitch. 

"Yeah Yeah, I am." My heart clenches in my chest. 

But he's my best friend and the right thing to do would be to go and support him. Even if it means seeing him with someone else. 

"I'll be there." I sigh. 

"Great Soph. See you." 

"Bye." I hang up the phone. 

So much for staying locked up in my apartment. 

My phone vibrates and I see a text from Amyra. 

Amyra: Dress shopping in 1o, get off your couch please, and thank you. 

She knows me too well. 

I walk into my room, just like my office my apartment is pretty damn nice. Not to brag or anything but I have good taste. 

I moved out when I was twenty. My house was just too crowded to work in, with my eighteen at the time sister and seventeen at the time brother. I didn't get much peace to work in. 

I walk into my closet and grabbed a white spaghetti strap top that I tucked into my light blue jeans. I threw over a loose knitted casual cardigan. 

I took my hair out of the messy bun it had been in all day and brushed through my brown locks. 

My phone was ringing, again. I rush to the living room, annoyed because why is everyone calling me? 

Eleanor's name flashed across my screen. Why was Axton's mom calling me? 

"Hi, Eleanor, what's up?"  I wouldn't dare call her Mrs.McKay, she would lecture me for hours. 

"Hi honey, I'm in a huge disaster. I need your help." She sounded really worried.