𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 6

The sun makes its way into my room

The sun makes its way into my room. I groan realizing I have to get up.  

I eventually get out of bed. I stand on my balcony overlooking the city. The cars, people all on their way to something different. 

It could be someone's first day at their dream job, or someone is getting married today. Everyone's always so different.  We never truly know what's going on in someone's life. It's sad how the world takes that as an opportunity to judge. 

Oh well, we have a clothing line to run, get going. 

I take a shower and do my make-up. I slip into a white blouse, tucked into a black pencil skirt and a long nude blazer that reaches my calves.  Some heels, jewelry, and I quickly curl some strands of my hair to make it look effortless. 

I usually skip breakfast. But I think I should have a smoothie at least. I throw some fruits into the blender and add some almond milk. While I sip the smoothie I scroll through my phone. My phone starts vibrating and my eyes widen as Amyra spams me. 

Amyra: What happened last night with you and Axton? 

                 ???????? 

                 ????? 

What was she talking about?

I press the call button and her voice scares the hell out of me. 

"What the hell happened with you and might I mention MR. ENGAGED!" She yells at me through the phone. 

"Nothing Happened, what are you talking about?" I ask her and I wash the glass I used to drink my smoothie. So much for a peaceful breakfast smoothie.  

"Oh my God, if you're this clueless then I guess it's a misunderstanding," she mumbles. 

"Take a look at that article," she tells me as I wipe my wet hands on a kitchen towel. 

I gasp. 

It's a picture of Axton and me in the lobby of my building. Thankfully, not a picture of him carrying me. The caption was. 

Axton McKay leaves his engagement party with the founder of Sophia Rivera Designs, Sophia herself, and stops at her apartment building. 

"They suck at  captions." I scoff. 

"Soph. If he wasn't engaged everyone would think its just another one of you guys' weekly movie nights." I can practically see her rolling her eyes. 

"It's fine. I'll have Hayley call my publicist and have the article removed." I mumble. 

"Sophia. Have you told him how you feel?" 

"No.." 

"Sophia Rivera! You have to." I roll my eyes as she speaks