𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 29

"I'm on my way," I tell Hayley, hanging my phone up as I walk out my apartment and into the elevator

After getting home last night, Hayley and I spent a good hour or so, organizing and confirming my interviews and talk show appearances.  We came to the conclusion of me making an appearance on the Tea  With Tammy Show. 

I've known  Tammy since I was seventeen, she's around thirty-five, and hosts one of the most popular shows. I was last on the show when I was seventeen. Since this is my first interview, since the incidents, yesterday. Tammy will be allowed to ask, very deep questions, for which I'm not sure if I'm ready. 

The elevator opens and I step into the crowded room, more crowded than usual.  I head towards the doors but before I can open them, Rico, my security guard, and another man, stand in front of it. 

"Good morning?" it comes out as a question. 

"Good morning Sophia, Mr. McKay assigned a few more security guards for you." 

"Of course he did," I mutter under my breath. 

"Alright, let's go." 

I walk out the doors, the paparazzi rushes up to us, drowning the peaceful air with their questions. 

"Sophia, what happened to the shooters?" 

"Sophia, how has this effected you?" 

"Do you have any leading suspects?" 

"Sophia, have you and Trey Morgan got back together? He was seen at the Crowne Plaza yesterday. " 

"Was Trey invited?"  Give me a break. 

My phone starts ringing and I see Axton's name flash across the screen. 

"I'm kind of busy." I tell him, walking behind one of my security guards. 

"Don't answer any of them, and you look beautiful," he says and I hear him typing on his computer. 

"I wasn't planning to, and thank you?" it comes out as a question, because how does he know what I look like right now? 

"What are you typing?" I ask him, getting into the car.  Closing the door. 

"Just ordering your paparazzi pictures, have a nice day Soph." the line goes dead. 

Huh? Is this man for real? 

I sit back in my seat, thinking about my day.  I'm always nervous before public appearances or talk shows. 

My phone rings and I question why I haven't thrown it out the window yet. 

"Soph, we're going shopping after your appearance on Tammy's show," Amyra speaks as soon as I pick the phone up. 

"Uh, sure. " I tell her. 

"Great, see you, try not to think about Axton today." I roll my eyes hanging up.