𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 22

"Sophia, darling you look beautiful!" Eleanor pulls me into a warm hug

"So do you, happy birthday!" I reply, greeting her. 

"Happy birthday!" Amyra hugs her. We give her, her gifts, and walk into the crowded space. 

"So, is there a plan?" Myra asks as she links for arms together. 

"Yes. You'll see. " I smile as Amyra smirks. 

"I knew not moving back to India would do me good, look at me now, a smart-ass best friend by my side." I chuckle.

"Hello, darling!" Mom grabs my hand. 

"Hi mom! You look stunning!"  I tell her and she smiles. 

"Sophia, I just wanted you to know I'm sorry for not supporting you, I'm proud of your career. Always will be." She will never know how much that meant to me. 

"Thank you, mom." I hug her. 

"Where's Sebastian and Shyla?" I ask, looking around the crowded room. 

"Sebastian is with his girlfriend, he has a girlfriend. Amanda, she's such a sweet person." Mom smiles and I chuckle. 

"I've met her."  I nod. 

"Oh, you have? That's great!"  Mom seems happy. Free from the man that has held her back her entire life, since college. I'm so glad she chose to divorce him. 

"Mrs. Rivera! Allow me to steal your  daughter, please?" Jace asks my mom with that all so innocent sweet smile he has. 

"Of course Jace! You look very handsome! Where is your mom?" they get into a conversation about why Jace's mom missed the party because of some emergency surgery. 

My focus shifts from their conversation, to how beautiful the space looked, there were pictures of Eleanor and the McKay family, pictures of her and mom when they were younger.  I smile at their friendship. 

"Sophia, I want you to meet someone," Jace tells me as he pulls me through the crowd of people. 

A girl, dressed in a black dress stood talking to Amyra. 

"Hi, I'm Sophia." I smile at her, and she shyly returns the smile. 

"I'm Kiara," she tells me. Definitely a shy one. 

"So, you're the mystery girl Jace has been wanting to introduce us to?" I chuckle and she smiles nodding her head. 

We make casual talk, but she barely says much. She seems like a nice girl though. 

From the far corner of my eyes, I see Piper walk-in, with her parents. I look at Jace and he nods. Where's Axton?  I haven't seen him since I arrived. I hope he's not on top of a building this time. 

I excuse myself from the conversation, making my way to find Axton, yes I'm pretty upset with him but I just need to know he's okay. I struggle to walk through the crowded space of famous people that I have no intentions of speaking to. I suddenly bump into someone.  I look up to see Corbin, not the McKay I was looking for.