𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 41

One week

One week. 

It's been one week since Axton and I kissed. It has been so fucking awkward, you can cut the tension with a knife. 

After he kissed me, with his lips, very, soft, addicting, lips. Shit focus.

After he kissed me, I literally flee. Like quicker than the memes about Kim Kardashian at the Met this year.  I walked out his room and we saw each other that night at the award show, and we both acted like it never happened, or at least we tried. No one knows, okay I think Jace and Myra know something is up.  Every time we met after that we just said hey and that was it. I hate it. 

What if the kiss meant nothing to him? 

What if Piper finds out?

Is this considered homewrecking?
Fuck I'm a home wrecker. 

No no, I don't want to be a home wrecker! They aren't married so it doesn't count right? 

Do you hear yourself Sophia!?? Of course it counts. 

If they had kids they'd be hurt.

But they don't have kids..

God, I need to do something to get my mind off this. 

My phone rings. 

"You work pretty fast." I look up. 

"Hello?" I answer the call, unsure of the caller I.D. because I'm dumb and forgot to check.

"Hey Sophia, a lot of mail for you downstairs." The receptionist tells me and I reply hanging up. 

"Let's go get mail," I mumble, closing my door and walking into the elevator. 

The elevator takes me down the floors and my mind goes back to the situation I'm avoiding. 

What if the kiss meant everything to him, like it did to me.

Oh please, he's getting married for God's sake!

I sigh pulling my sweatshirt sleeve over my fist, no one else does it? Oh okay. 

The elevator doors open and I step out into the fairly crowded lobby. 

"Hey Soph." 

"Here's your mail." the receptionist hands me a pile of letters, and two huge boxes.

"Thank you." I smile, walking into the elevator with my hands filled. 

How am I supposed to hit my floor? You're real smart Sophia. 

"Here, let me get that for you." A familiar voice flows through the air. I lift my gaze and it drops onto Kira. 

"Hey Kira, what are you doing here?" I ask her. 

"Well, I live here now," she says hitting my floor. How does she know what floor I'm on?

"I'm on the same floor, Jace told me you're two doors down from me," she says.