𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟25

"Why are we at the dock?" I ask Axton as he opens the door for me

"Well, remember that ship we spent almost all our childhood summers on?" I nod, remembering all the memories we had on that ship. One being, mom finding out she was pregnant with Shyla. That day I cried so much, dad bribed me with ice cream to stop.  You see, I wasn't too fond of becoming a big sister. But now, I wouldn't trade it for anything.  Too bad dad got tired of it, yup, he got tired of it and sold it. 

"Well, when your dad sold stuff, the ship included, it was placed on a list, where one of my business partners saw it. He mentioned it and well, I know how sad you were that something you spent so many years of your life in was being sold. So I bought it."  Ladies and gentlemen, Axton McKay. 

"That's great Axton! Now it's not totally lost,  you can take us sailing during the summer." I smile at him, but I know that look. 

"What?" I ask, honestly intrigued. 

"I bought it." I slowly nod, he grabs my hands. 

"For you." he finishes. Huh?

"Y-you bought it for me?" I stutter. 

"You were so sad when your dad sold it, so I did something about it." he mumbles as he plays with the rings on my fingers, he always does that. 

"Thank you." I hug him. 

"You're welcome Soph, can we go eat now, well after you sign those." he points to a pile of papers, a very thick pile. 

"If you wanted me to work, you should have just let me stay in my office," I mumble walking to the papers. 

---

"And I'll have the chicken Alfredo," I tell the waitress, closing my menu and handing it back to her. 

My phone vibrates, but I ignore it. 

"So, is your dad coming tonight?" Axton asks as he folds the napkin into an airplane. Yes, Axton McKay, is sometimes very childish. It's cute. 

"Well, I didn't invite him, so that should give him the message that I don't want him there," I mumble. 

"You're so cute when you're feisty," he says and I glare at him. 

"I was going through the guest list and I saw Corbin was seated next to your parents, are you okay with him being there?" I ask him. 

"Fuck no. Can we just run away, we'll go to Hawaii or some shit. Let's run away Soph!" I thought you'd never ask. 

"No, you have to get married, now will you ever tell me what happened between you and Corbin?" I ask him, taking a sip of my lemonade.  Last year, Axton and Corbin had a huge fight in Los Angeles. Neither of them spoke about it. \

"No." 

"Please?" 

"Nope."

"Tell me."