𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 60

"Yikes, that man looks bonkers," Amelia says

"Eleanor, can we just-I just wanna talk to you," he says. He looks down. His  eyes are red and puffy and his face looks like  he got punched a few hundred times.

"Denzell, I'm busy." she says and I swear this man is about to cry. Denzell is a asshole to everyone but I've never seen him hurt or disrespect Eleanor, other than that day at the church. They were always so in love. 

"Eleanor, I'm fucking sorry honey!" he yells and Ameila flinches. 

"Bonker man said a bad word." she says looking away to the floor.  She is such a mood. 

"Sophia take Amelia and leave."  Axton tells me like I'm supposed to know where to go. 

"I'm not leaving you-" 

"Just fucking go Soph." Ouch okay. 

"Ameila come on." I pick her up because she wouldn't move, she was intrigued by the drama. Same baby, same. 

"Axy said  a bad word," she whispers as I walk out of the house. Axy? Hah I'm so calling him that later. 

"We'll deal with him later, wanna go get ice cream?" I ask her stepping out into the light of the day. Her gorgeous eyes light up. 

Have I mentioned she has eyes like Axy? 

"I want chocolate ice cream!"  she says and I chuckle. 

"You know, that's also your brother's favourite flavour," I tell her and she looks surprised. 

I walk to where Axton's car is parked. How the hell am I supposeed to  get to the ice-cream store with Axton's car? It's fucking unsafe! There's no back seat.   Nor do I have a car seat for Ameila. 

"Sophia the sun is really hot." Ameila says putting her hands over her blue-green eyes. 

"I know baby." I take my phone out my back pocket. 

"Hey Sophia, what's up?" Hayley answers on the second ring. 

"I need a carseat, and my car. At McKay mansion, as soon as possible." I tell her and I can almost see her eyebrows raising. 

"Okay, messaging Marty but uh Soph, why do-"

"Don't even ask." I was annoyed, confused and worried all at once. 

"Got it. Marty will be there in ten minutes," she says and I beg God to speed the time up. 

"Thanks Hayley." I tell her hanging up. 

"Sophia I'm tired." Ameila says and I feel like slapping Axton. 

"I know baby. How about we go sit by the pool until my car gets here?"  I ask her. 

"There's a pool here too?" she asks and I chuckled. Ameila wasn't ready for this life, especially since it came with a brother named Axton McKay.