𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 46

"There isn't a single thing saved from the fire," Hayley says through the screen

"There isn't a single thing saved from the fire," Hayley says through the screen. I turn to Sophia and she's just sitting there, tears rolling down her face. 

"Did the firemen  find what caused the fire?" I ask her, grabbing Sophia's hand. 

"Not exactly. But it was for sure sabotage." I gently stroke my thumb  over Sophia's hand.

"Apparently, they got the wrong information, whoever set this up thought Sophia was leaving New York with you to go Florida. The fire was no doubt set for Sophia." Hayley says and the room falls into silence. 

"Was anyone hurt?" Sophia says in a mere whisper. 

Hayley shakes her head, saying no. 

"I'll call you two back." she says, and the screen goes blank. 

"You okay Soph?" I ask her and she shakes her head. 

"I- i just don't get why someone would want to burn my office down. I lost everything in there." she says, tears brimming her eyes and fuck I'm going to kill whoever is responsible for this. 

"You didn't lose everything," I tell her and she gets up, pacing back and forth. 

"Designs, sketches, fabrics, some of my first ever dresses!" she cries, letting her anger and frustration out. 

"I know Soph, I know." I walk up to her, pulling her into my arms. I hate hugging people, but when I hug Sophia, it's like, well I'm not sure how to even fucking explain it. 

"What would have happened if someone got hurt? Oh my God this is all my fault!" She cries into my shoulder and I just hold her. 

"No don't you dare say that. You didn't do anything wrong." I tell her. 

Her phone rings and I pick it up, seeing Hayley's name flash across the screen. 

"It's Hayley, do you want to talk to her or?" she shakes her head and I answer the phone. 

"Soph, you're not going to like this but, one of the men who entered the building before the fire happened, handed himself up and confessed he's been working for you- your dad." Sophia's eyes widen a little and her mouth opens to talk, but no words come out. 

"My-my dad was behind this?" she manages to slip through the tears. 

"Yeah Soph. He was behind the shooting at Crowne Plaza too." That prick. 

Sophia slips away from me. 

"Alright Hayley, tell everyone at the Florida office I'll be there tomorrow to discuss how we're going to make transfers from here." She says, trying to sound okay but I can see how crushed she is. 

She hangs up the phone and breaks down. 

"Does he really hate me that much?" she cries. 

"Soph, come here." I walk up pulling her into a hug, she wraps her arms around me.