𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 14

As I pull up to the house I grew up in, all the memories flow in

As I pull up to the house I grew up in, all the memories flow in. All the birthdays, events, holidays. All betrayed by one man. I shake the thoughts out my head as I get out my car.  I open the front door, walking into the living room, a few things have changed but it's the same house I grew up in. 

"Hey Soph." I see Sebastian sitting at the island in the kitchen, that you can into, thanks to  the open concept. 

"Hi. What you up to?" I ask. 

"Nothing much, just writing some lyrics." He writes lyrics? Shit, I really need to spend time with this kid. 

"Oh, I didn't know you write lyrics," I mumble. 

"Oh, no one does, just Shyla and Amanda." I give him a small smile. 

"Sophia, you're not a bad sister, I don't blame you for taking advantage of the freedom you got when you moved out," he tells me and I'm so glad he understands. 

"Thank you for understanding Sebastian." I smile at my brother. 

"So, a girlfriend huh?" I tease him and he starts laughing but stops and glares at me, causing me to stop. 

"We've been dating a few months now,  not publicly though, she hates the media and they make her insecure, this is the first time I've ever wished  that I wasn't born into this lifestyle." he shakes his head and I feel bad for him. 

"I know Seb. But she's sticking with you and you won't get that so often," he nods his head as I'm almost taken down to the floor. 

"Shyla get off me!" I yell. 

"NO!" She yells and I tickle her to get off me. 

"You two look sus." Sebastian mumbles cringing. 

"Shut up!" we yell at him as we get off the floor. 

"Is that Sophia?" My mom yells walking down the stairs in a white dress, a bit too formal for a night in with her kids. 

"Hi mom." I look at her and she gives me a  guilty smile. She's ditching us. 

"Again?" I ask. 

"No honey, we're all going over to the McKay's for dinner, come on, go get dressed!" I roll my eyes walking up the stairs and heading for my room. 

I push the doors open to reveal the room that I spent most of my life in. As I walk in,  the familiar smell of fruity perfume fills the air, bringing back memories. It smells exactly like my childhood. 

I open the nearly empty closet, I kept clothes here for emergencies and stuff, also mom said it felt like I was still in the house. 

I grab a white romper and quickly throw it on. I don't even have a hairbrush in here. 

I walk out my room and knock on Shyla's door. 

"Come in!" she yells and I see her sitting in front of her vanity.