𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 72

"That necklace looked too familiar, so I did some searching and found a missing or matching piece in your father's closet," Mom says and I freeze

"Dad and Kiara have matching necklaces?" I ask, confusion clear in my voice. 

"Yes, if you notice, the silver triangle, is part of a star, when all three pieces fit togther, they form a star." she says and I take the necklace from her hand. Picturing Kiara's necklace, it matches. It would fit perfectly, leaving  an open space for the third and final one to complete the star. 

"But, who has the third missing piece?" I ask her and she sighs. 

"Savannah Kenedy." Who?

"Sophia, I knew your father had an affair, what I didn't know was that affair bore a child." How the hell is she sitting here so calmly? 

"You knew he had an affair yet you didn't do anything?" I ask her. 

"I was pregnant with you, I thought it was just a one-time thing, not a whole matching necklace family." she rolls her eyes. 

"What does she want? Why is she here?" I ask her because the information I know is too little. 

"She's here because I held your dad back from taking her in, and its true. When I found out Xavier was having an affair, I told him to keep it far away from our family. And he did."  

"So according to these papers, she was responsible for the body?" I ask and mom nods. 

"What does she want?" I ask and she opens her mouth to speak but nothing comes out. Heels click on the floor and I look up to see,  Kiara walking in. 

"You called her here?" I whisper yell and mom hushes me before Kiara gets too close. 

"Mrs. Rivera, Sophia," she greets us as if she  didn't leave a dead body in my apartment. 

"Drop the act Kiara, we know who you are." My mom says and the smile off Kira's face instantly drops. 

"Excuse me?" she asks and mom rolls her eyes at her clearly amazing acting. 

"Your Xavier's child." Mom says with disgust. 

"What is that you want? Money?" 

"Mom,stop it." I tell her getting up from the couch. 

"Kiara we know  you planned the body incident, we know that your're here because you're angry." I tell her, but she totally snaps. 

"No. You have no damn idea. And money? I don't want your fucking money, I want my family back! Because of you!" she points to my mom, as tears stream down her face. 

"Because of you, I lost someone I cared about!" she yells and at this point, the room is spinning. 

"I have no idea what you're talking about." mom says.