Bad Things Never Happen

**One Month Later**

~Armani POV

"Thank you so much for shopping with us. Have a great day ma'am." I said bagging up a customer's shoes. I've been working here at Foot Locker for three years now. It's not the best job but hey, it pays my bills. "Girl what time you get off." Kiyanna said leaning up against the counter. "Ten minutes Yanna. And why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be working."

"Told em I'm sick. They'll see me in two days." She said sipping her smoothie. "You've been here for two hours. How many times have you walked this mall and why won't you go home." I said shaking my head. "Because I'm bored. Are you annoyed by me ma'am?"

"No. But if my boss sees you in here like this for the third time this week, he'll start asking questions."

"Screw him. I'll be outside." She said walking off as I laughed a little.

"Mr. Todd, I'll see you tomorrow." I said stepping into the office. "Actually, you won't." He said making me look at him crazy. "Excuse me?" I asked raising a brow. "Got a call yesterday that we're way too overstaffed and I need to let some people go."

"So you're letting me go? I'm one of your best employees." I said. "Not saying that you aren't. It's just, you're the only other option. I've already let go of four, you're the last one." He said. "Mr. Todd you can't do this. Not right now." I said.

"I'll have your check ready to pick up tomorrow." He said. I walked out the store and walked out to my car. "I'm going to ignore how you just stormed past me like that." Kiyanna said trailing behind me.

"What's wrong?"

"He just fucking fired me." I said stopping. "Wait what? Fired you for what? Is it because of me?" She asked. "No, some bullshit about being overstaffed." I scoffed. "Want me to go back in there and whoop his ass?" She asked. "Let it go. I'm just about to go home and go to sleep." I said. "You sure you don't want to get drunk?"

"As much as I want to, no. I'll call you later." I said. "Okay babes. Love you."

"Love you too."

~Draco POV

"Are you coming to get me today?" My little sister asked through the phone as I sat it on my bathroom counter. "I don't know Bri. I got to go do some things today." I said. "Things like what?" She asked. "Why you questioning me? I got things to do. I'll come get you tomorrow."

"But Brysonnn! Gammy wants to take me to her church potluck and I am not trying to go to that. All those old people." She said making me laugh a little. "Thug it out. I promise I'll come scoop you tomorrow. Okay?" I asked. "Fine. I love you." She said. "I love you too." I hung up the phone and went into my closet. It's cold as hell outside right now. But that's how it is in Atlanta once December hit.

You can never go wrong with a Dickies Suit.

I grabbed my Khaki one, a white long sleeve shirt and my forces. Can't never go wrong with this fit.

After getting dressed, I added a black fitted, grabbed my gun putting it in my waistband and headed downstairs. "You're going out?" Valentina said from the couch scaring the shit out of me. "Yo you still here? I thought you went home." I said. "I thought you and I were going to spend some time together today." She pouted.

"Valentina, look me in my eyes. Why would you think some stupid shit like that. Outside of fucking, we ain't never spent no time together. And we aren't about to start. Now come on, get up. You not staying here while I'm gone." I said grabbing her am. "Okay, fine." She walked out the house and I followed behind her.