Nowhere To Run

~Third Person POV

"Okay Duff, I'll allow it. Detective Jacobs can approach the stand." The judge said. "Ms. Mitchell, you can step off the stand now." Duff said to Armani.

She was stuck.

She wasn't moving.

"Ms. Mitchell, the stand. Step off of it." Duff repeated. "Ms. Mitchell!" The judge semi - yelled causing her to snap back into reality. "Yes." She said softly without moving her eyes from Draco's.

"You have been dismissed from the stand." The judge said. Gathering herself, Armani prepared to walk off the stand only to be stopped by Duff.

"You didn't answer my question Ms. Mitchell." Duff said. "W-What was the question?"

"If Mr. Jones is innocent, why would you help the Federal Government with making an arrest?"

Without answering, Armani walked off the stand and out of the court room. "I believe that's an answer in itself now isn't it your honor." Duff said shaking his head.

With Draco in disbelief of what he's just found out, he looked back at Will who seemed just as shocked as him.

"Detective Jacobs you may approach the stand." Duff said. "Do you, Marcel Jacobs, promise that the evidence you shall give will be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth so help you God."

"Yes, yes I do." Jacobs said before taking a seat. "Detective Jacobs I would first like to start off with my condolences for the loss of your partner. And I know how important it must be to put Mr. Jones away for life. But can you explain the circumstances of the deal that was offered to Ms. Mitchell?" Duff asked.

"Of course. A couple days before the death of my partner, Mr. Jones went missing. The entire department, including my partner, assumed that he was killed. We had reason to believe that it was a drug deal gone bad. My partner went to the home of Ms. Mitchell and Mr. Jones and took Ms. Mitchell in for questioning." Jacobs said. "And what exactly happened at this said questioning?"

"My partner broke the news to Ms. Mitchell that Mr. Jones had been killed. The reaction that she gave led Jackson to believe that it was true and Ms. Mitchell knew nothing about it. However, Ms. Mitchell is my niece. I watched her grow up. I know how to tell when she's lying and in that moment, she was definitely lying."

"Lying about what exactly?" Duff asked.

"Mr. Jones. She pretended to act like she didn't already know that Mr. Jones was dead. Except he wasn't dead, and she knew that as well. I'm still unsure of the game that they were trying to play. But I think Mr. Jones was starting to catch on to the case and how close my partner was to nailing him. He thought faking his death would lead us away from him and allow him to continue his illegal activity. We needed help and the only person who I knew could help us would be my niece. I offered her protection of her and her son in return of the location of Mr. Jones and every piece of information that she knew about. That same night, I took her home to get her son and her belongings so I could take her to a safe house, and we could start the questioning and she began to feed us information."

"Objection your honor. Jacobs admitted to offering Ms. Mitchell and her son protection. I don't know if we have any parents in the room, but if a Detective were to tell you he could protect you and your child, who wouldn't lie to stay safe." Cristina said standing up.

"With all due respect your honor, who would lie only to have a bunch of street thugs out to get them. This would be a real dangerous game for Ms. Mitchell to want to play around with." Duff said.

"She was worried about her son."

"She was doing what's right. It was a cell or a coffin. She told the truth because she knew she'd end up in prison just like Mr. Jones."