Tell It How It Is

~Armani POV

"Look at this dress." I said as I twirled in the mirror. "It's beautiful Mani. You look amazing." Kiyanna said. I looked over at her seeing tears in her eyes. "No Yanna don't cry. I'm going to start crying too." I said stepping down from the stand. "I know, I know. I'm just so happy for you. You're finally getting that fairytale that you talked about when we were kids." She said wiping the single tear that fell. "It's so weird to me. I mean I'm twenty - two, Brandon will be one soon and I'm pregnant with my second child. I'll be someone's wife in a couple days."

"Meanwhile, I can't get Will to follow suit." Kiyanna sighed as she helped me out of the wedding dress. "Meaning?"

"I started an argument with him this morning before I left." She said making me chuckle a little. "What was the argument about?" I asked. "Bryson, actually. All I did was suggest Will to follow in Bryson's footsteps. I mean, Bryson is right. I have a daughter on the way and a baby father who praises the streets like it's his God or something. And he says he's building a legacy, as if he plans to pass this on to our children. I don't want that. I don't want that at all." She sighed.

"Yanna, that's something Will is going to have to grow up and come to terms with himself. I understand your concern and fear. I lived with it every day. Maybe you'll have to just give it some time. Or maybe when your daughter gets here, he'll realize what's going on and that he needs to change. I know Will, he'll come to the realization soon." I shrugged grabbing my purse.

"Well, that's the thing. You know him. I was hoping you could help me with this situation." She said. "Anything." I said.

"Can you talk to him?"

"Anything but that."

"What, why? You said so yourself, you know him. You'll know exactly what to say." She said. "I know him enough to know he wants nothing to do with me. Will and I haven't spoken since the whole snitch thing went down. He wanted me dead Yanna. I-" She cut me off. "He wanted me dead to. But he forgave me. If he forgave me, he could forgive you." She said. "He forgave you because you didn't say anything. I identified him to the feds. That's two totally different things."

"Bryson forgave you."

"Because we have a family. And he loves me."

"Mani, please. At least try to talk to him. I'm going to my sister's place tonight for a little gathering she's having. Will is going to be home by himself. Stop by, please. Just try to talk some sense into him."

~Will POV

"This shit tuff." I said to Bryson as I fixed the cuffs on his tux. "Yeah, it is. Straighten ya shit up G." He said to me. I looked in the mirror fixing my collar. "Me and Kiyanna got into this morning." I said sitting down in the chair. "Trouble in paradise. Arguing about what?" He asked sitting down across from me.

"You."

"Fuck y'all arguing about me for?" He scoffed. "You turning into a family man all of a sudden. She feels like I need to be following in your footsteps." I shrugged. "Well, I already been through this with you. You need to let that street shit go Will. Don't you want a better life for your daughter? For Kiyanna?" He asked making me laugh a little. "I just don't get why y'all think I can't keep a line between my life and my street life. I know how to handle my shit."

"I said the same thing until Armani got fucking kidnapped when she was pregnant with my son. You think you tough and can stand your ground until you get put into that predicament. I was scared shitless when she went missing. That ain't a feeling I'd wish on my worst fucking enemy, and I don't want you going through the same shit. Man to man, I'm telling you to do whatever you want to do. You you're own person. But brother to brother, grow up and let that shit go."

**Later That Night**

"You heading out?" I asked Kiyanna as she walked down the steps. "Yep. I'll be back later." She said trying to walk past me, but I grabbed her arm. "You're mad at me." I said making her roll her eyes. "I'm not mad. You're going to make me late." She said without making eye contact. "Look at me when you talk Yanna. I know you're mad at me."

"Okay, yeah. I'm mad. But the only thing that can fix that is you using your brain for once. Now if you'd excuse me, I need to go. I'll text you when I'm on the way home." She said waking out of the house. Hearing her pull of, I decided to roll up and smoke me one while she was gone. I've had a lot on my mind these last few weeks. So much shit on my plate that I have to deal with on my own.

I feel nobody is hearing where I'm coming from but me.

Is it me?

Is it them?

I just want shit to go back to the way it was. Before everything changed. Before me and Bryson started letting women affect our lives.

My thoughts were interrupted by the ringing of the doorbell. Kiyanna probably forgot something. I got up walking to the door and opened it as my mood completely changed.

It was Armani.

"Kiyanna ain't here right now." I said. "Well good, cause I'm not here to see her. I'm here to see you. We need to talk." She said making me raise a brow. "We ain't got shit to talk about. You and me both know that. Who knows, this conversation might end up being told to the feds." I scoffed. "Don't piss me off. If you give a fuck about Kiyanna and your daughter, let me in so we can talk." She said.

"I can tell I'm going to regret this." I sighed opening the door a little wider for her to come in. "Feel like I haven't been here in ages." She said walking in and sitting on the couch. "I don't want you here so make it snappy." I said leaning up against the wall. "And before you start, let me make one thing clear, I let you in here because of Kiyanna. Not because of you. The relationship we had been dead after you dropped my name to the fucking feds. Whatever the fuck you got to say, say it quick."

She looked at me and laughed a little.

"I came here because my best friend came to me with concern of you. Because she wants her boyfriend and the father of her daughter to be safe. I was here to speak for her and leave. But I did not come here to get disrespected and most certainly not disrespected by a mutha fucka who can't man up to be there for their unborn child." She scoffed. "Who do you think you talking to you."

"I'm talking to you. I understand, you're still upset about what I did, and I can't force you to forgive me. But that shit was months ago Will. Bryson forgave me because we have a family to raise and I'm assuming that's the same reason you forgave Kiyanna. But we all built a family together. You, me, Kiyanna, and Bryson. We're one family of our own and we're bringing kids into this. Now let me break something down to you. I am a mother before anything else. When someone puts me into a predicament where I have to choose between something and my children, I'm picking my children. To hell with the outcome of anything, my kids come first. I was given an ultimatum in that situation. It was either protect you and Bryson, or me and my fucking son. Bryson is a father. When he chose to forgive me, it was for the sake of our son. For our family. He left the game for his kids. Now you aren't a father yet, but you will be soon. You'll soon realize why Kiyanna is chastising you. So sure, be mad at me. Bitch every time I come around, I don't give a damn. But my best friend will not be left here to raise a child on her own. You know just like I know how dangerous them streets are. Ain't no guarantee you'll make it too tomorrow. Think with your head Will, you won't regret letting me in. If anything, you'll be thanking me later."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋