Family Ties

**Next Day**

~Armani POV

"What else did you need from the store?" I asked Bryson through the FaceTime call while he was barely paying attention. "Bryson!" I semi - yelled. "What are you looking at?" I asked. "This fucking note. I can't stop reading it." He sighed. "I could have sworn I heard you up last night reading that. Why won't you take a break from it?"

"Because I know there's more to it than just somebody trying to fuck with me. Somebody that I know sent me this." He said. "Give it a break baby. I'll be home shortly to make some food for us." I said before hanging up.

As I'm headed to checkout, a familiar voice boomed from behind me.

"My Babygirl." I turned around seeing my dad. "What, you following me now?" I scoffed. "Shopping for your family?" He asked looking through my cart. "What the hell do you want?" I asked. "I want to build a relationship with my daughter. With my grandson." I said.

"Grandson? How do you about him?"

"You told me." He said. "I didn't tell you shit. I'm going to tell you this one time and one time only. You stay the hell away from me and my son. You are a fucking monster and I will not let you step near my son. I don't want anything to do with you." I said making him chuckle a little.

"I'm not the real monster in your life."

He walked off leaving me standing in the aisle on my own.

"God forbid." I uttered to myself.

**

I pulled into the driveway grabbing the few bags that I had. I walked into the house sitting them down in the kitchen. I went upstairs seeing Bryson getting dressed. "You going somewhere?"

"Uh, I need to go handle something." He said. "Does it have something to do with that letter?" I asked. "Does it matter?"

"It does matter. I don't want you to get hurt." I said. "Armani, I'm not going to get hurt. I'll make it back to you and Brandon quicker than you know it." He said placing a kiss on my lips. "Okay. Be safe. I love you." I said making him look at me.

"I love you too." He smiled before walking out. I went into the baby's room seeing him wide awake. "Good morning my love." I said picking him up from out of his crib. I went back into the bedroom placing him on the bed with his blanket.

"Mommy is about to play detective." I said grabbing my laptop.

Murder of Tyra Mitchell

I typed into the search bar. I looked at the most recent article from two months ago.

June of 2017, wife and mother 36-year-old Tyra Mitchell was murdered by 39-year-old husband Jerome Mitchell. Dispatch received a domestic call from neighbors. When police arrived, Mitchell was DOA. Report shows that in December of 2020, the suspect was released from prison...

December of 2020? That was a fucking year ago. I pulled out my phone calling Kiyanna.

"Hey girl." She said answering the phone. "You busy?" I asked. "Stuffing my face. Wassup?" He asked. "I have to make a really important errand and I need someone to watch Brandon." I said. "Girl you know I got you. I'll be there in ten." She hung up the phone.

"You're going to be hanging with TT Yanna today." I said looking at Brandon.

**

"You don't know how much I appreciate you for this." I said to Kiyanna as she walked in the house. "Girl you know I'll do anything for you. Stop tripping." She said. "Okay, if Draco comes back before I do, you don't know where I went."