Home Sweet Home

~Will POV

"Look what the cat dragged in." Mason said as I walked into the spot. "Welcome back my boy." He said dapping me up. "Wassup."

"What you doing back so soon? You told me you would be gone for a lil minute."

"I couldn't find what I was looking for. But I'm back now. For good." I said sitting down. "How's the business been?" I asked.

"Man, I been holding this shit down. Hired some new recruits, found some new connects. Everything been straight since you and Draco been gone." He said making me nod. "That's good to hear. I'm glad you been doing your thing." I said.

Before I could speak again, I got a text.

From (404) 738 - 8764: Okay, I'll meet you. Metro Diner in an hour.
Delivered: 1:17 p.m

"Everything straight?" Mason said making me look up at him. "Yeah, I'll be back later. I got to go handle something."

~Draco POV

I walked into Armani's room with Brandon in my arms. "You could have knocked." She said without looking up from her phone. I placed Brandon on the bed making her look up at me.

"I need to go do something important. I'm trusting that I can leave my son with you and come back with him still here. You know, not in Child Protective Services or anything." I said walking out the room. I went into the kitchen grabbing my keys and walked out to my car.

**

I pulled up to the Penitentiary and sat in the parking lot. Do I want to do this? No, I need to do this. I have to. I took a deep breath and got out the car walking inside.

"Your name?" The lady said behind the desk. "Jones. Bryson Jones." I said. "Visiting whom?"

"Terry Jones." I said making her look at me. "That man aint had a visitor in over ten years." She said. "Yeah, well things change. I scheduled a visit yesterday." I said. "I see it, empty your pockets and remove all jewelry please." I

I did as she said and put everything in the bin that she gave me.

"Sit right there and wait. We'll call you shortly." She said making me nod. I went to sit down as I stared at the wall waiting.

"Bryson Jones." A guard called out. After about five minutes of waiting, they were finally ready for me. I got up adjusting myself taking another deep breath. I followed the guard.

"It's been ten years since the last time I've seen you son." My dad said to me as I sat down. "It's Draco, not son. I stopped being your son the minute you gave up on being a father." I said to him. "Right, sorry. What brings you by after all this time ... Draco?" He asked. "You were a terrible fucking father. You weren't an idol. You weren't someone that I could look up to. You weren't shit. And now I have a son, he'll be one years old in two months. I need you to tell me how to be better for him. I need you to tell me how to be better than you."

"Congratulations on your son." He said.

"Mutha fucka I ain't here for no congratulations. I'm here for you to give me advice." I said. "I don't know what you want me to tell you Draco. I got no advice to give." He shrugged.

"Listen, you have never been there for me. You have never given me shit. You never gave me a fucking helping hand or anything. And I still never asked you for shit as a father. But here I am, right now, asking you. Help me, for once. Help me be better than you. Help me be somebody. I'm begging." I said quickly wiping away a tear before it could fall.

"You know what I wish." He said standing up walking towards the window.

"I wish I never got into this life. I wish I never sold drugs, killed people, all that shit. I wish I chose a different life. A safer life. One that allowed me to be there for you and your mother. I wish I was a better person. The type of person that dad's want their daughters to hand around. A person with a regular job. A person that could be a father. An idol." He sighed.