Promises Are Meant to Be Broken

~Armani POV

"You been looking stressed all day." Kiyanna said as we sat down for lunch. We had been looking at dresses for the last few hours and nothing stuck out to me. "Dress shopping. It's stressful." I shrugged. "I been best friends with you for years. I know you not stressing bout no damn wedding dress. What's going on?" She asked.

"Bryson. Something's up with him."

"Something up as in what? Did he do something to you? I'll beat his ass pregnant and all." She said making me shake my head. "He didn't do anything to me. At least I hope not. I don't know what's going on, he's confusing me. You remember the other day when you came over and somebody dropped a package off at the door?" I asked as she nodded.

"Ever since he opened that package and left, he's been off. I even tried looking for the package to see what it was, but I can't find it. And on top of him trying to rush the wedding for next week, it's just throwing me off. Like something is up." I said. "You don't think it deals with infidelity, do you?" She asked. "I did before last night."

"Well, what changed last night?"

"He kept talking about safety. Keeping the kids and I safe and keeping himself safe. I just don't want my son to be in danger. Maybe this tux shopping with Will can help him get his mind off of it." I shrugged. "Tux shopping?" She asked raising a brow. "Yeah, he told me him and Will were going to look at tuxedo's today while we were out looking for dresses."

"Will said they were going out to handle business. He didn't say anything about tuxes."

"Interesting."

~Draco POV

"What you gone do?" Will asked as we walked outside. "Man, I don't fucking know. I just want to let go of all this shit." I sighed as I lit my pre - rolled blunt. "Can I ask you a question without you throwing a bitch fit?" Will asked. "Don't ask a stupid ass question then." I scoffed.

"What made you come to this conclusion? This shit feels so random." He sighed.

"You remember back when we were kids, we made a promise. You remember that promise?" I asked making him think. "We made a lot of crazy ass promises when we were kids." He sighed. "Nah, this one wasn't crazy. We made a promise that if we were to ever start a family, we would be better than the role models we had. A better head of the household. Better men than the bitch ass niggas we called dad. You remember that promise?" I asked making him nod.

"When I was arrested, I had no choice but to be left with my thoughts. I was up thinking that Armani was at home with our son while I was locked up. I was up thinking about all those nights I sat at home with my mama asking when my dad was coming home. I was up thinking about how my son might only be able to see me behind a glass with cuffs and hear me through a phone. I grew up hating my father because he loved the streets more than he loved me. I don't want my son growing up thinking the same shit. I don't want my next child to come into this world and I'm in a cell or a grave. Yo dad was a piece of shit but at least he was there so maybe you don't understand where I'm coming from. I want to be here to teach my son right from wrong. I want to be here to teach my son how to play basketball. I want to be here when he gets his first girlfriend or go to his prom. Or when he graduates and goes to college. I want to be here for grandkids. I want to be everything my dad wasn't. You understand where I'm coming from now Will? So yeah, if killing somebody from my past means I can get the fuck away from all this shit, that's what the fuck I'm gone do. Give me the location and a time and I got it. I'm gone." I said putting out the blunt and getting in my car.

**Later that Night**

~Armani POV

I sat on the couch waiting for Bryson to get home. My mind can't help but wonder what he's actually been doing today.

He proposed to me so he can't be willing to cheat on me, right?

He's just out with Will doing work stuff.

Maybe Will didn't know they were out looking for tuxedos.

Is Will helping him cheat on me?

Oh my gosh they're cheating together.

My thoughts were interrupted when the front door opened. I adjusted myself on the couch to prepare myself to hear the truth. "Thought you would be getting ready for bed around this time." He said walking into the living room kicking his shoes off. "I can't really focus on sleep right now. Too many things on my mind." I said making him raise a brow. "What's on your mind?"

"Are you cheating on me?" I asked getting straight to the point. "Armani what the fuck. Where did that come from man?" He sighed. "I mean I'm just asking. You've been acting weird lately. I feel like something is going on."

"What are you talking about?"

"Just be honest. I'd rather find out now before all the I do's and kiss the brides." I said trying not to let my emotions get the best of me. "I'm not cheating on you Armani. Don't ever think that, please." He said grabbing my hands. "Then what is going on with you? You told me you were going to look for tuxes with Will today. Kiyanna told me something totally different. Why are you being so secretive all of a sudden Bryson?"

"I'm trying to keep my family safe Mani. It's only so much I can share." He said rubbing his hands down his face. "If there is anything right now that could be putting mine or my children's lives in danger, I need to know. Right here, right now. Tell me what the fuck is going on Bryson." I said standing up. "You need to stop stressing. It's not good for the baby."

"You remember what happened last time I stressed because of you? I lost our fucking daughter. I don't want to go through that again because you want to hide shit from me." I said bringing a look of confusion across his face. "You can't throw that shit in my face like that. You're not the only one who lost our daughter. We both lost our daughter and that shit still hurts. Don't make it seem like I'm being careless." He scoffed.

"I'm over this shit." I said trying to walk away but he grabbed my wrist. "You can't just walk away from me like that." He said. "Then talk to me Bryson. Am I in danger?"

"I don't want to worry you Mani." He said. "You think it's better for me to be clueless and worried or know what the fuck is going on so I can be prepared?"

"My lawyer, Cristina. You remember her?" He asked making me nod and slowly sit down.

"Her brother, me and him got history. Will too. Back when we had first started this shit, we had a big ass turf war. Niggas ain't know where they wanted to reside, and they ended up spilling on our property. They had an older brother, well known in the streets. He was the ringleader, the one who told them to steal our property. I had just been appointed my Kingpin position and I knew I had to handle the situation right to prove my worth. I got with Will, and we made the decision to do a stake out. We were just going to scope out the place to see who was where and what was what. But the shit went left. We got spotted and bullets started flying. If I would have driven off, my position would have been stripped immediately. I shot back. I ended up shooting the ringleader and my cover was blown. I got away and we were losing men from both sides as retaliation. But they never got me. I've always been who they wanted. Cristina's brother ended up getting arrested for some charges and I had never seen him again. Forgot about him and now it's coming back to haunt me. The package, it was a gun with one bullet in the chamber. Back then, the other side killed one of my men in a game of Russian Roulette. That was him telling me he's coming back. He knows what he wants. It's me that he wants. That's what's been going on."

"So how exactly are you going to handle this? I don't want anything bad to happen to you Bryson. I can't go through that again." I said. "That's where I'm going tonight. Will gave me an ultimatum and I'm going to take it. End the beef tonight and I'm done with the game for good. I can focus on you and this family. That's it." He said.

"And you promise that will be it? It'll just be us?"

"Armani, if I've never promised you something before, I promise this. I got it."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋

Creeping up on a craaazyy ending