Blame

~Draco POV

"I don't need you to follow me around like my babysitter." I said to Jay as I walked into my house. I had just landed back in Atlanta about an hour ago. "Yeah, well I am. The hospital didn't even discharge you. You just walked out. You don't even know if you're healthy or not. You ain't dying on my watch."

"Whatever. I need to shower and change and then I'm heading to the hospital."

**

Getting out the shower, I looked in the mirror seeing the wounds from the bullets.

Two in my chest.

One grazed my neck.

One in my arm.

Two in my leg.

How the fuck am I still alive?  I thought to myself. I walked out the bathroom going into my room. I put on some sweats and a hoodie and some slides.

I went downstairs seeing Jay on the couch. "I told you, you can leave." I sighed grabbing my keys. "I told you, no. Let's head to the hospital." We both walked out the house making our way to the hospital.

**

I walked into the hospital seeing Will and Kiyanna at the vending machine. "Good to see you my boy." Will said dapping me up. "Good to know you're okay." Kiyanna added. "I'll let you two ... talk." She said walking off.

"The fuck dude." Will said shaking his head. "What?"

"What you mean what? How could you leave her like that? She needed you." He said. "I know, I know." I sighed. "And from what I know, you didn't just leave. You left and stayed with another broad."

"Me and Myra didn't do nothing. I just needed a place to stay." I said. "So you stay at a fucking hotel." He said. "Look, I had a run in with the Detective who arrested me. He tried to make a deal with me, wanted me to rat. I didn't take it but he knew I was going to do some bullshit and told me to play it safe. If bodies started popping up, I can't have no receipts saying I was in that city at that time. I knew Myra would let me stay there." I said.

"You better hope Armani understands that. Cause if I was her, I would whoop yo ass. Kill you, bring you back to life and whoop yo ass again." He said. "Whatever, what's her room number?"

"314."

After getting off the elevator, I approached Armani's door seeing Kiyanna coming out.

"I'm assuming you're mad at me too?" I asked. "It's not my place to be mad at you. But listen, Armani is not at her best right now. This shit is tough. I just want you to prepare yourself that she won't just see you with open arms." She said. "Does she know? About me and the shooting?"

"She knows you were hurt, and she knows you're alive. She doesn't know that you were shot six times and damn near facing death." She said. "Good luck."

She walked away leaving me alone.

I walked into the room seeing Armani laying in the bed. Her body was facing the door and we locked eyes as I walked in. When she saw me, I thought her eyes would light up. That I would make her happy. Something. But it wasn't.

When she saw me, she turned away leaving her back facing me. "Armani." I said getting no answer.

I walked over to the other side so I could see her face. I grabbed a chair sitting down and grabbed her hand.

"Armani, you have to understand. I am sorry. Deeply sorry. I'm sorry for packing up and leaving without telling you. I'm sorry for ignoring your calls and your messages. I'm sorry for not checking in with you, letting you know I was safe. I am sorry, for not being here for you when you needed to me. When the babies needed me. When our daughter needed me." I said wiping the tear that fell from my eye.