Out With The Old, In With The New

~Armani POV

"So does this mean you're staying?" Bryson asked as he pulled into the driveway of his house. After three more days in the hospital, my son and I were finally discharged. "I'm staying for the sake of the baby only. I don't want my son to grow up in a single parent household. I'm just here for him, nothing more, nothing less." I said.

"Understood."

He got out the car helping me out. "You grab Brandon, I'll get everything else." He said. He gave me the keys to unlock the door. I went into the house taking a seat on the couch.

"We're going to have to get some stuff for him. It's not healthy for premies to sleep in the beds with their parents." I said to Bryson as he came in and sat down. "Yeah, creates a higher risk of SIDS. I know a little about kids." He said.

"Are you okay?" I asked making him look over at me. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" He asked raising a brow. "Bryson, you were shot six times. We can't ignore that. Here you are back on your feet like nothing happened. Are you sure you shouldn't be in a hospital getting checked out?" I asked.

"Armani, I'm fine." He sighed. "Talk to me. I don't want you to feel like you can't tell me how you're feeling. I want you to be okay. I don't need anything happening to you. You went through something that not a lot of people survive."

His phone started ringing.

"It's Jay, I need to take this." He said stepping away.

~Draco POV

"Yo." I said answering the call.

"Thought you said it was a meeting today. Everybody here but you."

"Fuck, I forgot. Look, I don't want to leave Armani right now." I sighed

"So what? You want to reschedule?"

"Nah, this shit too important to reschedule. Bring the meeting here."

"You want us to come to yo spot? You don't even fuck with folks being in yo shit." He said.

"Yeah, I know. Desperate times call for desperate measures. Just reroute everybody over here." I said.

"Say less."

We ended the call and I went back to the room where Armani was.

"I need you and Brandon to go upstairs in my room." I said bringing a slight mug across her face. "For what?"

"I'm having a business meeting in about ten minutes. I need yall away from that. Upstairs, please."

"Fine." She got up going upstairs.

**

"Glad to see everybody could make it." I said sitting down. I had a living room full of about fifteen workers. Including Jay and Will. "I don't know how much Will or Jay has shared with yall, but it's not no cute shit. It's the fucking feds. They working on taking our whole organization down. We got to move smarter out here now." I said looking at Jay and Will. "The feds is on our ass. The entire organization. They watching. They know everything. They know our names. Don't get caught. We can not go down. Understood?"

"Understood." They said in sync. After talking with them about new plans, they left leaving me, Jay, and Will.

"We need to start recruiting." I said to them.

"Recruiting? We ain't recruited in years." Jay said. "I know but think about it. The feds probably got all three of our faces somewhere hanging on a board with lines connecting everywhere. We can't afford that shit. We need to lay low and stay off the streets for a minute. If we get new recruits, there will be new faces." I said. "Got you. They see them, they don't see us."