Draco's POV

~Draco POV

I looked at the time on my watch as I sat outside my house.

2:13 a.m.

Why the fuck won't I go in? I'm drunk off my ass that's why. I thought I had a good chance of getting out of this life. I thought I could finally lay this Kingpin persona to rest. Here I am, still getting threats sent to my door from the past. I sat here thinking about the life I could have. If I would have never picked up that gun back in high school. If I would have never needed that quick cash. If I could have just waited to be rich and do it the legal way. The safe way. Maybe I would have met Armani in a different way. Could have given her more than what I am now. Given my little sister more. She would have still been here.

My thoughts were interrupted by the banging on my car window. I looked over seeing Armani in her robe. I sighed because I didn't want her to see me like this. I opened the door as she looked at me and shook her head.

"You had me worried sick Bryson what the hell." She sighed. "Fuck is you worrying about." I slurred as I got out the car. "Because you're sloppy drunk at two a.m. and you weren't answering your phone." She scoffed watching me stumble my way out the car. "My phone? Oh, my phone. It's dead, my bad." I sighed.

"Let's go in the house please, it's cold." She said grabbing my arm and guiding me into the house. I plopped down on the couch with my eyes closed. I could feel Armani sit down next to me.

"What happened today? You just left out of nowhere as if something was wrong. Is everything okay?" She asked. "When is anything ever okay with me? I'm such a fuck up." I sighed rubbing my hands down my face. "Bryson what are you talking about?"

"I just want to give you a good life. I wanted to get out the game and do right by you and Brandon. And our new one. I just want to keep you guys safe. I can't keep nobody safe if I can't even keep myself safe." I said. "What exactly does that mean?"

"It means I fucked up in my past and that shit is coming back to haunt me. Now please leave me alone." I said kicking my shoes off and laying on the couch.

**Next Morning**

I woke up from the couch with a pounding headache. It felt like the world was spinning. "Come eat, I made breakfast." Armani said poking her head into the living room. I got up from the couch going into the kitchen immediately looking for the Tylenol. "I bet you do have a headache." Armani scoffed as she fed Brandon at the table.

"Shut up." I said taking two back and sitting down at the table. "You feel like telling me about last night now that you're sober?" She asked. "There's nothing to tell." I shrugged.

"Bryson, we can't get married if you aren't going to be willing to share these things with me." She said shaking her head. "Armani, baby, I promise if there was something up, I would tell you. What happened last night was not important."

"So something happened?" She asked raising a brow. "Next topic. I need you and Kiyanna out looking for dresses today." I said. "On such a short notice?" She asked. "Yes. I'm going to go out with Will and look for a tux. I also got three venues for you to choose from. Tomorrow, you're going to meet up with an old friend of mine who can sort everything else out." I said.

"I just don't understand what the rush is Bryson. We have our lives to make things official. Just slow down and enjoy the moment. We're engaged. Let that sink in for a second." She said with a small smile. "I was engaged to you months ago; you just didn't know it yet. Now stop bumping them gums, you're wasting time. I need you out of here within the next two hours." I said getting up from the table.

"You didn't touch your plate." She mugged. I grabbed a piece of toast putting some eggs and a sausage on it. "Breakfast on the go. I'm going to take a shower." I said bringing it upstairs with me. I grabbed my phone out of my pocket shooting a text to Will.

From Will: Meet me in an hour at the spot.
Delivered: 10:17 a.m.

I put my phone on the charger and got myself ready for a shower.

**

After getting out the shower, I threw on my Black Nike Tech with some white Air Forces. I grabbed one of the colognes Mani bought me a while back, it was a roll on. Every time I smell it, I think of her, that's why I use it so much. I rolled it on my wrist and behind my ear. I put on my chain that had my sister on the pendant and my watch. I grabbed my phone and walked downstairs seeing Armani strapping Brandon in his car seat.

"You heading out too?" I asked grabbing my keys. "Yeah, Kiyanna should be pulling up soon. You smell good. Look good too." She smiled walking over to me. "So do you. But that's always." I said kissing her. "Keep me updated with what you looking at. My card is in the drawer, I'll see you soon baby." I said. "Okay, I love you."

"I love you too,"

I walked out to my car and got inside. I sat there for a minute remembering why I'm doing this.

One last time.

One last time going to this spot.

Pick up the gun one last time and end all this shit.

You can be happy after this.

Safe.

A family man.

Last time being Draco.

You can finally be Bryson now.

I took a deep breath shaking myself out of my thoughts. I pulled off making my way to the spot to meet up with Will.

**

"Glad you decided to show up." Will smiled as I got out the car. "Shut up. This my last time coming here then I'm done." I said. "Yeah, yeah. You said that last week. Come on."

"Fuck is we even doing here?" I asked as we walked into the spot. "Cause we need to talk. I took a lot of time with myself last night to think about what you've been going through." He said. "What I've been going through?" I questioned.

"This whole wanting to get out the game shit."

"Man I thought you wanted to meet for something else. I'm not here to talk about this shit." I scoffed. "You don't even know what I'm about to say."

"That's because I don't give a fuck about what you have to say." I shrugged. "I'm trying to hear you out dude. I understand where you're coming from. You want to get out the game for the sake of your kids and Armani. Now that I'm starting my own family I understand you." He said.

"That's all I been trying to get you to understand bro. I got bigger things to worry about. We got bigger things to worry about." I said putting emphasis on the "we". "It's just one thing I can't understand." He said making me laugh a little. "How can you throw all this shit away? Everything you built. Everything we built. From the ground up man."

"Because I don't care about this shit no more. I'm getting older and this getting pointless. I have a family Will. You have a family. Snap into fucking reality. I'm not trying to be fifty years old still toting guns just to get my kids through college. And I'll be damned if I let my kids follow in the same footsteps as I did. If you want to stay in this shit that you built, then so be it. I'm fucking done." I said getting ready to leave.

"And leave yo past still out here to haunt you?" He asked making me stop in my tracks.

"You got a dude out here ready to kill you for some shit you did years ago. You think he gone let it go because you want to be a fucking role model?" He scoffed. "I don't give a fuck about none of that shit."

"You should. You want a way out, here it is. I'm giving you an ultimatum. You walk away from this shit and leave that mother fucka alive, you ain't gone never leave this game alone Draco. You and I both know that." He said making me sigh. "And my other option?"

"I got the drop on him tonight. You pull up and do him just like you did his brother. Put an end to all this shit and you're free to go. I won't stop you. You say you care about yo future and yo family, show me."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋