Kiss It Better

~Armani POV

"Armani!" Myra yelled snapping me back into reality. I can't stop thinking about the fact that I'm pregnant again. "What? Sorry." I said looking at her.  "I've been calling your name for the last five minutes. You okay?" She asked. "Yeah, I'm fine. What were you saying?"

"Cristina's plan to keep Bryson in prison failed. But I was doing some research, I think she's going to set Bryson up to be killed, and soon."

"Wait, what. What makes you say that?"

"Cristina has another brother. His name is JaQuan. Apparently, he was Bryson's cellmate while he was locked up. But it was unexpected for Bryson to get released so soon so JaQuan couldn't do what needed to be done." She said

"Well, Bryson's out and he's still in. He can't get to him now." I shrugged. "His sentence is almost over. He gets out in two weeks."

~Will POV

"You're lucky you've got experience with this business. I don't normally hire people for big positions like this upfront." Sanai said as we ate lunch. "Is it the experience with the business or my experience with you." I said making her smile a little.

"After lunch, we're going to go to the building. Allow you to meet everyone and see where you're going to be for now on when it comes to working." She said. "It should be simple. Like you said, I've got experience with this business."

"It's not going to be as simple as you think it will. Today marks a month since we've lost one of our best men. One of the guy's brothers." She said. "How'd he die?" I asked.

"Shot. Wrong place wrong time. It took a toll on everyone. He was a good man. Always protected us. He was the glue. After he left, things were different and it's just now falling back into place. But now I've been trying to find someone to fill in his spot and it's been really hard welcoming new people. We've probably went through about three of them and nobody has been strong enough to stay."

"This my city, trust me, I'll be good."

**

"Damn this shit like a mansion." I said to Sanai as we pulled up to her building. "It's less likely to get raided when it looks like the white folks live here. No offense." She said looking over at me making me chuckle.

"Let's go inside."

We got out the car walking inside the building. "Damn Sanai, took you long enough." One guy said as we walked in the room. "Well, I come bearing gifts." She said. "I don't see nothing special." The other guy said. "Eli, I'm giving you a pass today to make all your slick comments. This is Will, he'll be filling in the spot for Gio. Will, this is Kobi, and this is Eli." Sanai said introducing us.

"Can't nobody fill in the spot for Gio."  Eli said walking off. "Wassup Will. Nice to meet you." Kobi said shaking my hand. "Please forgive Eli, Gio was his brother. Like I said, it was a hard death, and he was the most affected by the loss." She said. "It's all good, I know the feeling." I said. "Kobi, do you mind showing Will around?" Sanai I asked.

"I guess I can do a lil' something. Come on bro." He got up and I followed behind him. "It's smart to make the trap a mansion. You really ain't got to worry about shit." I said to Kobi. "Yep, it was Gio's idea. We all started out in a bando. Me, Gio and Eli. We started working with Sanai a few years back." He said. "I used to work with her too, before I moved to Atlanta."

"You from the 'Raq?"

"Born and raised." I said making him turn around. "My nigga." He said dapping me up. "So as far as the money, we stash it in the Master Bedroom. All the bedrooms with a King bed, holds the weed. Queen beds hold the pills. Twin beds hold the white. Full beds stash the guns. Basically, how we remember everything." He said as we walked into an office.