𝟏𝟏.𝟒「 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐘 𝐌𝐀𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐄! 」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

"Hold on. Why does she get to tickle?" JJ whines as Pope hands Kiara the phone.

"She's the best tickler" Pope answers simply.

"Should I do, like, an accent?" Kiara asks in a southern accent.

"Definitely disguise your voice" Pope agrees.

"Disguise my voice how? Like, how would you like me to talk?" Kiara then asks in an English accent.

"Not like that" JJ shakes his head in horror.

"That one scares me" I add.

"Batman" Pope suggest.

"Batman" Kiara repeats in a deep husky voice, causing me to laugh.

"There you go" Pope chirps.

"Spot on" JJ nods.

"Let's do this" I grin.

Kiara calls the number and I feel JJ's hand grip at my thigh. I look at him and he winks before looking back at the front seat.

"Hello?" Gavin answers the phone.

"Hello" Kiara husks out before muting it and looking at us "I can't"

"Just talk" Pope replies.

"Hello?" Gavin repeats in confusion and Kiara clears her throat before unmuting the call.

"Is Gavin there?" She asks normally.

"This is Gavin. Who's this? Hello?" The man speaks.

"I know what happened on the tarmac" Kiara declares and Gavin laughs nervously.

"Um...Who's this?" He asks.

"It was Rafe Cameron. But you already knew that, and you lied about it" Kiara continues.

"Okay. Who is this?" Gavin asks again, worry clear in his determined voice.

"We're gonna prove it. You're guilty" Kiara states.

"You're gonna tell me who this is now" Gavin demands.

"You could have saved her, Gavin, and you didn't. And you're not getting away with this" Kiara retorts.

"Listen to me! Who is this?" Gavin shouts in anger and she hangs up the call.

"How was that?" Kiara asks us.

"Yeah, I was scared" JJ shrugs "Good job"

"All right. We tickled the wire. Phase two complete" Pope announces "Now we wait and listen"

Within five minutes Gavin is getting in his car and pulling out of his driveway.

"Hey, here he comes. Stay down" Pope warns us.

JJ pushes me down onto the backseat while Kiara and Pope sink to the floor and I look up at my boyfriend with a small smile.