𝟏𝟎.𝟏「𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐈𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

My eyes sleepily open and I see JJ isn't by my side like he was when we fell asleep. I sit up and see Pope yawn, wakening up. I drag myself to my feet and walk over to the door where I see JJ standing.

"Morning, J" I mumble, wrapping my arms around him.

"Morning, princess" He replies, kissing my forehead and wrapping his arms around me.

I feel Pope's presence beside me and I turn my head, giving him a friendly smile which he tries his best to return.

"He's pinched for sure, man" JJ states.

"No. They wouldn't still be patrolling if they caught him" Pope explains.

"Let's hope" JJ sighs unenthusiastically.

"Hey, I got enough hope for the both of us" I tell the blonde who cracks a smile, planting a kiss on my cheek.

"You know, we were in that car. They're probably looking for us too" Kiara interrupts.

"Well, if we're gonna be outlaws, we might as well help John B" Pope declares.

"That's the spirit, Po" I grin, trying to stay as cheery as possible, hoping it will rub off on the others.

"So, find him before they do?" JJ suggests as Pope grabs the keys to JJ's motorcycle.

"Pope?" JJ asks curiously as the boy heads to the door.

"I'm gonna get gas for the boat" Pope answers.

"Hey, you be careful. Okay?" Kiara tells him.

Pope pauses before deciding to ignore the girl, turning to JJ and I.

"Meet me at the dock at three. Don't be late" Pope warns us.

He storms out the restaurant and Kiara follows after him, JJ and I wandering behind as not to get in the way.

"Okay, what is your problem?!" Kiara yells.

"No problem, Officer. I'm just doing my job" Pope retorts, getting onto the motorcycle and sticking the keys into the ignition.

"Look, I'm sorry that I hurt your feelings" Kiara tries to apologise but you can barely hear her over the sound of Pope revving the motorcycle's engine.

"What was that?" Pope asks sarcastically.

"Look, I didn't mean to!" Kiara tries to shout but the engine revving is still louder than her words.

"Sorry, I can't hear you. What was that?" Pope asks and I share a look of concern with JJ.

"Pope, I'm being serious- I'm trying to talk to you!" Kiara shouts over the engine but before she can say anything else, Pope hits the gas and speeds away, leaving her in the dust.

As Kiara shakes her head, walking back towards us, I open my mouth to ask if she's okay but my mouth clamps shut when I hear the whirring of a helicopter. I look up and watch as it flies over the top of us.