𝟏𝟖.𝟑「𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃」

𝐎𝐝𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐞'𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Everyone clears from the area and Pope storms out from next to us in anger, surprising us all.

"Pope. Pope, wait. Wait! Shit" JJ snaps as we all chase after the Heyward boy "Wait, wait. Yo"

I watch sadly as Pope kneels down by the casket with a broken expression and I gently rub his back as we all join him.

"Cecilia Tanny, Denmark's wife" Pope speaks up "He wasn't talking about the cross. He buried her at the foot of the angel"

"The true treasure" Kiara realises.

"His wife" John B adds.

Pope lets out a choked cry and JJ places a hand on his shoulder in comfort while I continue to move my hand in circular motions on his back.

"Denmark was hung for burying his wife, and now they defiled her grave" He sniffles.

The Heyward boy reaches out and plucks up a small oval shaped piece of metal, swiping the dirt off it to reveal the name Cecilia engraved into it.

"This must have been from Denmark" Sarah says, holding a ring in her and I glance at JJ who is already looking at me "Her wedding ring"

Pope places the named piece of metal back into the casket and looks up at all of us with a saddened look.

"We can't leave her like this" Pope croaks.

"We won't" John B assures him.

JJ is the first to stand up and he offers me his hand for the second time today. Unlike last time I look up at him letting my lips tip up into a sad smile and he smiles back as I take a hold of his hand, letting him pull me to my feet.

The Pogues and I place the lid back onto the casket before hammering the nails back into place, securing it closed. Pope then places flowers on top of the wood that he picked as JJ and John B lower the casket back into the ground before picking up a shovel, starting to fill the hole back in.

"I just don't get it" Pope sputters as we finish up "I mean, you guys saw the map. He hides his gold   so no one finds it for 170 years. And then he sends a message to his son Robert to come here to his mother's grave, but the message never gets to him"

"And Denmark wanted him to find the cross. I know we're in the right spot. It just feels like-" Pope rants wildly.

"Like we missed something?" JJ finishes for him, looking up at the tree thoughtfully.

"Guys. Come here" The Maybank boy adds, walking over to the van which is under the tree and climbing on top of it.

"There he goes" John B breathes out and I smile in amusement, following him up the vehicle.

"Whoa" Pope breathes out as JJ points at a large hole in the tree.

"That looks like-" JJ starts but he's cut off.

"The painting in the island room" Kiara quips as I stand next to him on top of the van.

"It's worth a shot, right?" JJ chirps.